GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the best game to play online?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 2'.
Sat 28/12/02 at 20:40
Regular
I like Age of empires 2.

Is Battlefield 1942 any good?
Tue 21/01/03 at 19:11
Yes there are many networks for shoutcasts and depending on what you want to hear choose your channels :)

Good point mate
Tue 21/01/03 at 06:43
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Personally i think i'm better off sticking to Battle net :)
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:09
I know there are games of warcraft 3 with live commentary and you can reach them through the ESN network through IRC quakenet #ESN

can be amusing and you meet more people there =D
Mon 20/01/03 at 23:07
Regular
Anyone here that play Warcraft 3 wanna met up on it? Just a thought :)
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:59
Regular
"That's right!"
Warcraft 3, Jedi Knight 2, MOH:AA, Battlefield 1942 and Counter Strike - all excellent online

You may also want to check out Soldier Of Fortune 2, that was good
Mon 20/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
At the moment i'm playing Quake 3 and Warcraft 3 :D

I'm Addicted to them both... Argh.
Mon 20/01/03 at 20:46
UT quake UT2k3 half life etc all good fps games requiring good connection to really compete and are considered twitch. Tribes2 and BF1942 are very good tactical games with tribes2 slightly winning out on tactic/skill balance but requires massive learning curve and has patch and error probs. Age of empires / mythology best outrite strategy imo. Then the shear volume of players most likely goes to CS and return to castle wolfenstien is close, all these games are very good online but most require a reasonable connection - decent system or both. My personal favs are Tribes 2, UT and BF1942. But depends what you have and what YOU want. Look out for future releases tho some crackers coming out very soon.
Wed 01/01/03 at 12:31
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I NEED BROADBAND! Boo hoo.
Wed 01/01/03 at 12:26
Regular
lol, seeing as the eu servers on TO were empty this morning I went over to the na ones. Had a 200 ping compared to my normal 25-40 but I still kicked booty. Was harder but still quite the same :D
Wed 01/01/03 at 11:35
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> Tactical ops....
> Age of Mythology.

TO sucks if you're on 56k though, can't hit sod all. Battlefield is good, if you have a good enough PC to run it. I'm upgrading to a GeForce 4 in a few months, so it should play like a beast :)

MoH: Allied Assault - best online game ever. Even for 56kers :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.