GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stargate"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Stargate SG-1: The Alliance:'.
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:28
Regular
Being a really massive fan of the Stargate film and the current series whats on sky one, i'd really like to see a FPS game based on either of these two. I think that the series one would be more popular as thats the one most people are familiar with.

The plot of the games could match the current series where you have to go out on missions through the Stargate and investigate the new planet. It would aslo be a good idea to give you a choice of which character you want to play and with each character you get different levels of responsibility for example if you were O'Neill you'd be in command and have to give orders out and if you were Carter you'd be the technician and fixed things.

A game like this would be able to have loads of varied options the missions could be from simple peace talks to full on assaults of a Go'auld and their mothership. I'm drooling just thinking about how brilliant this game would be if a games company was developing it.

If anyone else is a big fan of Stargate then they'll know what i'm talking aboutand they too would love to see this game. There has been loads of other Sci-Fi games based on Star Trek and Star Wars but now they are just getting really cliche and i want something fresh and new.

I'll probably never get my wish to see Stargate the game but i can still wish and in the meantime i've still got the film and the series to watch over and over again.
Sun 29/12/02 at 12:28
Regular
"I see you"
Being a really massive fan of the Stargate film and the current series whats on sky one, i'd really like to see a FPS game based on either of these two. I think that the series one would be more popular as thats the one most people are familiar with.

The plot of the games could match the current series where you have to go out on missions through the Stargate and investigate the new planet. It would aslo be a good idea to give you a choice of which character you want to play and with each character you get different levels of responsibility for example if you were O'Neill you'd be in command and have to give orders out and if you were Carter you'd be the technician and fixed things.

A game like this would be able to have loads of varied options the missions could be from simple peace talks to full on assaults of a Go'auld and their mothership. I'm drooling just thinking about how brilliant this game would be if a games company was developing it.

If anyone else is a big fan of Stargate then they'll know what i'm talking aboutand they too would love to see this game. There has been loads of other Sci-Fi games based on Star Trek and Star Wars but now they are just getting really cliche and i want something fresh and new.

I'll probably never get my wish to see Stargate the game but i can still wish and in the meantime i've still got the film and the series to watch over and over again.
Mon 30/12/02 at 21:10
Regular
i havn't watched stargate cause its been on the times when i watch other shows but i can amagine it im walking on a spaceship im thinking of the guy on gta cause this sounds like a gta type game but in space.would it be a gta type game where u fly spaceships and can shoot people and stuff
Tue 31/12/02 at 11:20
Regular
"I see you"
Nah it would be more or less orientated aroung games such as Star Trek: Elite Force and Unreal II where you have to go on missions to investigate stuff like whats on the other side of the stargate, who enhabits it ets. Nothing really like gta. I suppose you could add ships though as they have ships in the game and series then you could make the gameplay like halo, where you can steal enemy ships.
Tue 31/12/02 at 17:49
Regular
machine1 wrote:
> Nah it would be more or less orientated aroung games such as Star
> Trek: Elite Force and Unreal II where you have to go on missions to
> investigate stuff like whats on the other side of the stargate, who
> enhabits it ets. Nothing really like gta. I suppose you could add
> ships though as they have ships in the game and series then you could
> make the gameplay like halo, where you can steal enemy ships.

it should be like gta type game i dont mean like gta but same format like u run like same guy eceept u dont go around killing everything sort of like the getaway but in space
Tue 31/12/02 at 18:04
Regular
"I see you"
But then that would be nothing like the film or the series, because the series is recon missions to other planets through the stargate. The whole point being you never know if your going to meet friendly people or hostiles.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
"The World is Dead"
nice idea.

i agree with machine1 a gta style would spoil it.

You'd want a more swat3 style to the game.
why don't you write to a games publisher or something.

have you got the mega deive game of it. The mega drive spoils it badly but if your that much of a fan try to get it.
Wed 01/01/03 at 23:16
Regular
"I see you"
Pheat wrote:
> have you got the mega drive game of it. The mega drive spoils it badly
> but if your that much of a fan try to get it.

I had no idea there was a mega drive game out for it, in fact i've still got my mega drive and i still do play on it as that was my entertainment as a child.

I'd like it if publishers listened, so i think i'll e-mail a few and see what the possibilities are of getting the licence and developing it.
Thu 02/01/03 at 20:32
Regular
"The World is Dead"
I'ts good to see a possitive attitude among the gloom of today.
i've got a saying. If you start a fire in a gas filled forest it's going to keep on burning though you might get a little bit burn't on the way.
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:13
Regular
"I see you"
Thats actually pretty funny and also true.
Mon 06/01/03 at 20:32
Regular
"The World is Dead"
hmm funny. any post I go on seems to go dead in the water.
would you agree.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.