GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beautiful to Me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 23:16
Regular
S'up people.
I'm not around this week much, lucky gets that you be.
I be in the studio, doing drums.
Because I can.
Doing all our songs for an album, and just done one today that we've been rehearsing without any set structure.
Well we did it today, and it's going to be the song that pushes us over the top.

It's about that one person that makes it all worthwhile for you.
The person that never needs to ask what's wrong, because they know.
The person that is always there to wipe away your tears when you feel down and the person you would do anything for, because when you're with them it all makes sense and you don't need to worry about anything.
And no matter what anyone else may think, that person is the reason you wake in the morning and the reason you can sleep at night.
---

"Beautiful to Me"

Whatever reason that you're leaving
Whatever reason that you're grieving
Whatever the reason
For no reasons
You're beautiful to me

Whenever you're high think of the lows
Whenver you're dry something's ready to flow
And for no good reason
For no reasons
You're beautiful to me

Don't even know the explanations
Don't even know the reasons why
You're beautiful to me

There's no reason in this rhyming
Must be a reason my sun's still shining
Whatever the reason
For no reasons
You're beautiful to me
And no reasons
For no reasons

You're beautiful to me
Beautiful to me
You're beautiful to me
Beautiful to me

-----

I'm doing exactly what I want to right now.
I wake up and drive to the studio, play music all day with my boys and go home smiling because that day my heart soared and all I had to think about was the music.
I work, but it's a pointless exercise to give me money until we complete this album and it's all gravy from that point.

Do something that inspires you.
Don't ever find yourself in your last days on the planet thinking "I wish I'd...", just go and get it.
Fancy someone? Tell them.
Love someone? Tell them.
School getting you down? Listen to your fav piece of music and sing along to it, doesn't matter who's around.
If they laugh, then they don't get it and you shouldn't feel bad for them.
You need to spend time doing something that makes you feel alive and worthwhile.
Play a song, write a poem, take the day off work and just sit and watch the people go by.

This morning I woke up in the studio and had breakfast with my boys, it was raining and windy but we strolled along with the happiest faces.
Why?
Because we made music today, we pulled notes from thin air and turned them into something else.

Beautiful to Me.

Too bloody right mate.
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:28
Regular
nice lyrics goaty. we could possibly see you on Top of The pops one day?

and we listen to muic during our lessons any way dont need a reason :-)
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:21
Regular
"everyone says it"
'For once in my life I have found you
And this time I just don't want to let go
Its as if you were from the old storybooks
I look everyday to see you turn and go.

I have made my mistake, please forgive me.
The past can be so cruel I just forget
The times we spent with the moon in the sky
Shining on us in reverse from the stars
Please cannot you just forget'.

That was freestyle. Just typed it then :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 17:48
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i read it all and i know exactly what you mean. i went through school not giving a damn then one day some GCSE's came along and did i study for them, did i boll..... errm no.

so i left school why everyone started fancy A levels and went to uni while i was buncking through a crap collage course, anyway to shorten it in the 3-4 years since leaving school what have i achived, well nothing i managed to get a City & Guilds in electronics and went onto a network course which i stupidly dropped out of and then went to work doing crap factory stuff and the factory where my Dad works.

I do get down about it sometimes as the only skill i really have is with computers (the hardware side of it mainly) but i wish i could just start again.

I'd love to of been an actor in TV or film or a racing driver or a stunt man LOL really i'm serious but it's just not so easy. maybe one day i'll save some cash and jet off to the states and train as a stunt driver (they have a school in cali, USA) or try my hand at a bit of acting by going to an audition.

whatever i do i hope that one day i will do something which doesn't feel to much like work.
Wed 06/02/02 at 16:44
Regular
Yup, I heard it too. Mellow rock, couldn't hear it that well, so I can't judge that quickly, but it did sound pretty cool.

My life's... been pretty strange. I've never really enjoyed doing anything but creative stuff. Maths bores me, even though I know if I put my heart to it I could be good... English was ok, but that's only because of creative writing... Technology rules, because I can design and make stuff... but I've never really know what I want to do with life.

We're all told at one stage to do this questionnaire, where you give a 1 to 5 rating of things you think you'll enjoy doing.

"Working with children, Working outdoors, Operating Heavy Machinary." Real useful stuff like that.

So back came everyones, telling them to be doctors, to be vets, nurses, lorry drivers, teachers...

What did mine say?

Error.

Honest to God. They basically told me that mine wouldn't work, it couldn't find anything for me. It just came out with: Error.

So that had me a bit buggered for a while. This was during my depression stage, I think... so I didn't care about it too much... didn't really think I was going to live that long anyway. :0)

After the stories on here, I started thinking about things I could do for a job. Writer was the first connection, but that was too difficult. I'd like to write ONE book, perhaps, not a particular book... just one, just to say I got a book published... but as a job? Nah. I enjoy it, but I'm not at the standard where I can go out there and make people emotional from the things I write. I can never describe things exactly as I see them... anyway...

So that then led on to film directing. Small problem there, firstly, I've had no experience. Secondly, I don't even do ANY classes to do with film and stuff. Media I should have taken, and then perhaps gone on to do a course.

But then, thinking about it... film seems limited. Forcing people to look at things from your angle... yeah, that's ok, but... you can't really make the connection between people and a film. They are, after all, just watching a film. Unless you're really good, you can't get too emotional over a character, and I know I'll never get to that stage. Film also means: reality... and reality is another of those limitations, in my opinion.

And so, browsing through a copy of Edge, I find this job application for Rareware. That could be cool.

So what do I need to do it, I wonder... nothing, it seems. Just an imagination. But of course...

Could I remember "Would you like to create computer games?" on that list? Hell no.

Why's it not on the list? Because there are no school qualifications for it. You don't get taught "gaming" in school.

So therefore it's a "dud" job. Anything you don't get qualified for is a "dud" job. You could, as Bonus is doing, get a BSC in Computer Games Technology, but no offense, what's the point? It's good experience, in Uni, and all... but the only thing that I would really learn from it, would be programming, as far as I can see... and that's just maths anyway, so that's me buggered on that one.

So alright, I'll just walk into a job. So I need a portfolio.

This has been my task over the last year. Get to a stage where I'm getting actually good at visualisation, 3D design. I can't program for fudge, but that doesn't matter. I just need my foot in the door, I don't think I'll ever really need to program.

So now, working a year on my animation so I can apply for this 3D design place with Rareware... they've come out with another job.

Games Designer. You can't, SURELY, just walk into Rareware with nothing, and ask to design games? And to be fair, while I'm getting good at 3D design, I'm NOWHERE near industry standard.

Well, a good idea is a start. I've got a good idea, which I've kept quite secret. :0)

But basically, I've played and loved games all my life, and never really paid attention to them. I know MANY people, including my friends, look oddly upon me for my "dud" job choice... but this is exactly what I want to do. I just smile casually and think of myself enjoying what I do, instead of doing everything in accordance with money.

Christ that's long. Sorry.
Wed 06/02/02 at 07:41
Regular
Ok then. I'll do that.
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:41
Regular
I heard a real rough version of this track tonight, and it sounds real good, even at this early stage.

I really want you to rush it so I get to hear the proper thing a.s.a.p, but then I want you to take your time so it's the best it can be.

Damn.
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:35
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Damn. Can't get at the song from behind the proxy here. I'll grap a copy next time I'm on my dial up.

Thanks for the link, anyhow. Much obliged.
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
I read the lyrics, and a few people spring to mind.

Brilliant lines there. Cheers.

Cannot wait to hear it.
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:29
Nice Song, naturally I don't know how it goes, but the lyrics seem pretty good.

Well done
Tue 05/02/02 at 23:22
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
www.thisisparker.com

Old stuff with not high quality recording sound.
Click on the "Holy Cow" section.
When it prompts you for an email address, enter any old crap so you're not beseiged with spam emails.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.