GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote - Avatars - VOTING CLOSED"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/08/07 at 14:58
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Please vote.

Say "keep avatars" if you want to keep the avatars.

Say "remove avatars" if you want them removed from the default layout (not seen by lurkers or potential new users).

Please don't vote for "yes but what if".

You are, of course, welcome to state your reasons.

For may part I have nothing much against them but I am already fed up with my Lotus brake disk assembly.

CONCLUSION - We'll add the option to swtich them off (Avatars ON or Avatars OFF) to the top of the thread if we can, as well as it being inside the user account.
Wed 22/08/07 at 14:58
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Please vote.

Say "keep avatars" if you want to keep the avatars.

Say "remove avatars" if you want them removed from the default layout (not seen by lurkers or potential new users).

Please don't vote for "yes but what if".

You are, of course, welcome to state your reasons.

For may part I have nothing much against them but I am already fed up with my Lotus brake disk assembly.

CONCLUSION - We'll add the option to swtich them off (Avatars ON or Avatars OFF) to the top of the thread if we can, as well as it being inside the user account.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:01
Regular
[S]Remove

(Sorry guys, I know 99.999999999% of the rest of the internet forums have avatars but I was quite happy without them. Though I do enjoy Alfonse's contribution)
[/S]
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:12
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
keep avatars

Never seen any convincing arguments as to why they are bad.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:15
Regular
Remove avatars.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:18
Regular
Garin wrote:
> keep avatars
>
> Never seen any convincing arguments as to why they are bad.

heh, I thought you didnt like them and said you blocked them straight away?

How about a convincing argument of why we need them when we went quite happily without for 7 years? I don't really recall any big rants back on SR asking for them =/ quite the opposite actually.

But as I said in the past, I don't mind them but they do eat up a lot of room on my screen. =( And I'm so poor I can only afford a 14" monitor. That's about a quarter the size of yours Garin.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Keep avatars.

If you don't like them, you can turn them off. What's the issue?
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:21
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
You can show/hide avatars in your profile options so if people don't want to see them then they can switch them to be hidden.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:24
Regular
Well that's this vote over. Keep avatars wins again =/

I'd probably want to keep them too if Ladybird used her photo as one. =D

Okay you guys win this round, you can keep your avatars but I ain't letting you have your image smilies and signatures. I'll see you in hell before I let you do that to these forums.
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Keep avatars.
>
> If you don't like them, you can turn them off. What's the issue?
Wed 22/08/07 at 15:29
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Kawada wrote:
> Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Keep avatars.
>
> If you don't like them, you can turn them off. What's the issue?

I have re-worded the question

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.