GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It can't be, can it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 21:25
Regular
I think I'm going off music...

This is disasterous, or however you spell it.

Since I can remember I have loved music, more so in the last few years, just love it. Like many people...

Over the week-end and today however I have been thinking to myself... bah can't be bothered... bringing mini-disc to school without listening to it. Putting Ok Computer on for comfort I found myself turning it of...

Of course it is nothing but I can't even be bothered playing my guitar... maybe its an over-load... too much music in my day...

So for a few days I'm going to cut down and then buy one or two new albums with birthday money... that should solve.

Maybe 'Echoes' by Pink Floyd or Supergrass album or that Sigur Ros one...

It'll be okay :)
Wed 06/02/02 at 09:54
Maybe you just need something fresh? I tend to go through spells like that when I've bought a few CDs, and don't particularly like any of them. It's not so much me going off music, just that the music isn't talking to me in some way (whether inspirationally, emotionally, or just even as a 'catchy song'). Then I'll buy something that will take me by surprise and restore my faith in music.

A good way to kickstart your interest is to get hold of some MP3s by artists you haven't heard, or wouldn't normally listen to. Or check out a friend's collection of CDs, and see if you can borrow or listen to a couple. It's all obvious suggestions, but it's amazing what great new (or old) stuff you get to hear in this way. Rather than the latest big thing as deemed by the music press.
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't worry, it's just a phase. I get that from time to time. Buying loads of new albums always solves it, or listening to music that you really, really enjoy. Put the guitar down for a week - it'll feel really good when you pick it up and you'll feel refreshed. Trust me, it works.
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:31
Regular
"That's right!"
~Resurection~ wrote:
> Jinx Mojojojo :)

Ha ha, I think I posted about a second before you! Heh
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:30
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
Jinx Mojojojo :)
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:29
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i was the opposit to you, i found i didn't really care about music all that much but when i got to about 18ish i found myself listening more and more, mainly hip-hop and R'n'B though
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:29
Regular
"That's right!"
Man, I just started getting IN to music in the last couple of years, thanks to Winamp
Tue 05/02/02 at 21:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I think I'm going off music...

This is disasterous, or however you spell it.

Since I can remember I have loved music, more so in the last few years, just love it. Like many people...

Over the week-end and today however I have been thinking to myself... bah can't be bothered... bringing mini-disc to school without listening to it. Putting Ok Computer on for comfort I found myself turning it of...

Of course it is nothing but I can't even be bothered playing my guitar... maybe its an over-load... too much music in my day...

So for a few days I'm going to cut down and then buy one or two new albums with birthday money... that should solve.

Maybe 'Echoes' by Pink Floyd or Supergrass album or that Sigur Ros one...

It'll be okay :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.