GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old Zelda Vs New Zelda"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 13:21
Regular
Being a fan of the Majora's mask i was just wondering if anyone else would prefer to see the old zelda reincanated
Tue 05/02/02 at 13:21
Regular
Being a fan of the Majora's mask i was just wondering if anyone else would prefer to see the old zelda reincanated
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:40
"penguins in hawaii?"
yeah, it would be great to have the old zelda back. Those times were great.it is a shame that ninty have decided to go cartoony with their new zelda game, don't get me wrong, it will probably be a good game, but i prefer the old type of zelda that we all love and cherish. Bring back the old zelda !!!
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Like everyone else, i'd prefer the new Zelda to have the fantastic, almost life-like graphics that were seen first of all. And I think that 'Majora's Mask' and 'Ocarina of Time' are both fine where they are, on the N64.

But, I think one thing that could be considered is converting some of the original, NES, SNES and GameBoy games to the GameCube! They do play brilliantly already in 2-D form, but i've always wanted to know what they'd be like 3-D?? Anywaya, everyone prefers Zelda in 3-D, and soon the 2-D view will die out!
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:45
i like the look of this new zelda and i wont them to bring both out.
i dont know what it would bring to the game to have graphics that are the same style as the n64,albeit amazingly improved.
(dont get me wrong they were very good and it would be interesting to see what they can do with the cubes power)
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:46
Regular
"not dead"
The 2D Zelda won't die, there will be GBA games.
Tue 05/02/02 at 19:07
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i think the new zelda look , looks ace it an original zelda look , but they wil probably (most definatley) bring out a 3d zelda later on in the gamecubes life... a few years and we'll be playing it ... only a few years ... walks off into a corner and cries.)
Tue 05/02/02 at 22:05
Meka Dragon wrote:
> The 2D Zelda won't die, there will be GBA games.

This will be an event i look forward to any word on as to what its about yet?
Wed 06/02/02 at 19:00
saviour of sheep wrote:
> yeah, it would be great to have the old zelda back. Those times were great.it
> is a shame that ninty have decided to go cartoony with their new zelda game,
> don't get me wrong, it will probably be a good game, but i prefer the old type
> of zelda that we all love and cherish. Bring back the old zelda !!!

You say the game itself will b cool, but graphics don't always matter do they? I found an old Space Invaders machine, and b4 i knew what was happening, i'd lost a fiver!
I like the new grfix cos they keep zelda looking magical. Know what i mean?
Thu 07/02/02 at 16:15
Regular
I saw this pic of Link looking all grown-up and macho and then I saw a bloody cartoon character.
Thu 07/02/02 at 17:06
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
Asher D wrote:
> I saw this pic of Link looking all grown-up and macho and
> then I saw a bloody cartoon character.

^ let me guess female? (or have a very disturbing past)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.