GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fergie to stay on for two years?!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/02/02 at 09:41
Regular
copied from a website

-----------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United are expected to issue a statement following claims that Sir Alex Ferguson is prepared to stay on as manager.

Ferguson was due to retire at the end of this season.

But it is believed he may be ready to make a u-turn and stay for another year, possibly longer.

The Old Trafford club could make a statement on the matter on Tuesday.

Reports say the 60-year-old had hinted that he would consider remaining in charge beyond his proposed retirement date in May.

United had on Monday denied reports that Ferguson had had a dramatic change of heart and they later refused to comment beyond saying that a statement would be released to the City later.

Last month Ferguson had been quick to quash similar speculation that he may change his mind about retiring.

But now it seems that he may have had a genuine change of heart over the weekend.

It is being suggested that Ferguson could stay on for another year as a stopgap because United are struggling to replace him.

In another 12 months targets such as Celtic's Martin O'Neill and Roma's Fabio Capello would be at the end of their contracts, while Sven-Goran Eriksson might be more amenable about quitting England.

Tue 05/02/02 at 09:41
Regular
copied from a website

Manchester United are expected to issue a statement following claims that Sir Alex Ferguson is prepared to stay on as manager.

Ferguson was due to retire at the end of this season.

But it is believed he may be ready to make a u-turn and stay for another year, possibly longer.

The Old Trafford club could make a statement on the matter on Tuesday.

Reports say the 60-year-old had hinted that he would consider remaining in charge beyond his proposed retirement date in May.

United had on Monday denied reports that Ferguson had had a dramatic change of heart and they later refused to comment beyond saying that a statement would be released to the City later.

Last month Ferguson had been quick to quash similar speculation that he may change his mind about retiring.

But now it seems that he may have had a genuine change of heart over the weekend.

It is being suggested that Ferguson could stay on for another year as a stopgap because United are struggling to replace him.

In another 12 months targets such as Celtic's Martin O'Neill and Roma's Fabio Capello would be at the end of their contracts, while Sven-Goran Eriksson might be more amenable about quitting England.

Tue 05/02/02 at 09:49
Regular
"not dead"
If they can't replace him with quality yet, then they're best to keep him for now.

If he'll stay.
Tue 05/02/02 at 11:17
Regular
I've thinking of a few reasons why he might be staying...

After announcing that he will quit so early, maybe he has realised that he cant bare the thought of not managing Man Utd...

He has found a new passion for the game.

He wants to win everything in his loast year. A bit hard this year, considering he is out of the FA Cup.

Utd want him to stay so they can sort out Beckham contract talks?

And of course, they cant find a decent replacement for the end of this season.

Its all good though, I dont mind Ferige staying on.
Tue 05/02/02 at 11:35
Regular
"not dead"
He's certainly more than welcome to stay, in my opinion!

He'd like to out out with success, I'm sure of that, so it might depend on how we do in the Champions League.

Mind you, he'd have to make his mind up before then.
Tue 05/02/02 at 11:42
Regular
Man Utd have released a statement to the city this morning, confirming that they have been approached by Sir Alex to extend his contract beyond the end of the season and that the talks are ongoing.
Tue 05/02/02 at 12:45
Regular
:)
Tue 05/02/02 at 14:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I still feel that Fergie has to stay just one more year!!
In the summer of 2003, the contracts of both Martin O'Neil and Fabio Capello will run out! Maybe others too...
And as i've said before, finnishing after a year like this just wouldn't be good enough! Beckham and co. said they'd win everything for him this season, but that hasn't happened, so one more year is needed!!

I don't know about 2 years though, that's asking a bit much I feel.
Tue 05/02/02 at 15:43
Regular
I might be wrong, but isn't the Champions League Final at Old Trafford in 2003, could be he has one eye on that now.
Tue 05/02/02 at 15:51
Regular
"I love Dave music"
I've gotta agree here. I think it will be only for one more year. He'll have two shots at the Euro Cup - one in Hampden, the other at Old Trafford, then he'll retire on a high.

O'Neill will then take over, or maybe Wenger? Anyway, it just makes sense to keep him for one more year, then let someone take over for good, rather than give someone the job for only 1 year.
Tue 05/02/02 at 16:00
Regular
"Long time no see!"
WHAT!! WENGER??? WHY????
You know what he's like, he doesn't even admit to his own teams mistakes!! Do we really want a dis-honest Frenchman in charge, who most United fans hate anyway?? - Well, I hate him anyway!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.