GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA3 for GBA will be released in ..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto 3'.
Tue 31/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
I found out today that the definate release date for the gbas version of gta3 will be coiming out in febuary. finally something to celebrate. after along drought of GBA games. Hopefully it will be in third person but im not sure if the GBA has the power to do that sought of games. well if the crummy old 128 bit playstation could do it then so could the trusty GBA... hopefully!
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:50
Regular
"everyone says it"
Dringo wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Its still around.
>
> There you go then, er-no is never wrong...
>
> are you?

Well. They told me on the phone.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
Update2.01 wrote:
> GTA3 on GBA - back to crusty top down view then!

How did this cockface get into the forum?

We gotta start locking the doors.
Tue 07/01/03 at 15:42
Regular
GTA3 on GBA - back to crusty top down view then!
Mon 06/01/03 at 22:38
Regular
er-no wrote:
> Its still around.

There you go then, er-no is never wrong...

are you?
Mon 06/01/03 at 01:45
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its still around.
Sun 05/01/03 at 23:46
Regular
Devro wrote:
its already been pointed out that it was canned, I'd just
> like to mention that the 'crummy old 128 bit playstation' didn't do
> it, as it was a PS2 game only, plus the PS1 was 32 bit, not 128 bit.
> As well as that GBA couldn't cope with the graphics of the original
> resident evil, tsk tsk.

Nope you pillock Resident Evil was due for the Gameboy Colour not the Gameboy Advance! GTA3 could be done on the GBA certainly... not as outlandish as the PS2 version obviously but a scaled down game could be done... i actually liked Tony hawks 2 on the GBA more than the n64 version... the GBA's isometric viewpoint, although limited, could easily do the game justice.

Secondly GTA3 as far as i remember was due for the GBA... didn't appear... was mentioned as still in development... didn't appear... rumours confirmed its cancellation and apparently at the end of some week the confirmation would arrive... it didn't.

So as far as I'm concerned it could be in development... or it could not.
Sun 05/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Remember me?"
maddmun wrote:
> They were supposed to release it in February LAST YEAR. Heh. Just a
> minor delay it be - ith

Doesn't beat Perfect Dark's though, does it? :-D
Sun 05/01/03 at 20:43
Regular
Come on, let's get our facts straight. GTA3 was never canned - there was just a drought of information on it. Last time I checked, NOM had it down for a December release, but it was obviously pushed back.
Thu 02/01/03 at 21:47
"Wa-wa-west"
Pringle28 wrote:
> I found out today that the definate release date for the gbas version
> of gta3 will be coiming out in febuary. finally something to
> celebrate. after along drought of GBA games. Hopefully it will be in
> third person but im not sure if the GBA has the power to do that
> sought of games. well if the crummy old 128 bit playstation could do
> it then so could the trusty GBA... hopefully!

Even though its already been pointed out that it was canned, I'd just like to mention that the 'crummy old 128 bit playstation' didn't do it, as it was a PS2 game only, plus the PS1 was 32 bit, not 128 bit. As well as that GBA couldn't cope with the graphics of the original resident evil, tsk tsk.
Thu 02/01/03 at 19:48
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
if its been canned then why dont game know about it! there one of the worlds leading stores in the home gaming market? surely they wouldnt put up a release date for it if it was never going to come out...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.