GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sequel after Sequel after Sequel"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
in my opinion, sequels are never as good as the originals.
i would think many people agree with this as well.
the reason for this is usually developers want to cash in on more money rather than make a good game.
another reason could be that it's not so original making it
more predictable in whats going to happen.
However there have been good sequels, for example Final Fantasy. we are coming up to it's 10th installment now.
other good sequels could include sonic the hedgehog or mario. (maybe crash bandicoot but it's gone a bit far now)
there have also been some disastrous sequels like Pandemonium, or even the well known army men games.
anyway, these days there are almost more sequels than there are original games, so give your opinion on this, even suggest some sequels you're bored of, or suggest some ORIGINAL games you would like to see.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:48
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
in my opinion, sequels are never as good as the originals.
i would think many people agree with this as well.
the reason for this is usually developers want to cash in on more money rather than make a good game.
another reason could be that it's not so original making it
more predictable in whats going to happen.
However there have been good sequels, for example Final Fantasy. we are coming up to it's 10th installment now.
other good sequels could include sonic the hedgehog or mario. (maybe crash bandicoot but it's gone a bit far now)
there have also been some disastrous sequels like Pandemonium, or even the well known army men games.
anyway, these days there are almost more sequels than there are original games, so give your opinion on this, even suggest some sequels you're bored of, or suggest some ORIGINAL games you would like to see.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:57
well some sequals are bad and some are just brillent. it really depends on the effort put into improving the original game.
Mon 04/02/02 at 19:57
Yes sometimes sequel's can get over done and are usually not as good as the original. Then there is the case of when a sequal is better than the original. Games such as GTA 3 and Final Fantasy have been very good sequals and I accually can't wait for the next sequals from these games.
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:00
But sequals can be worse. Like Kick off 3 on the Amiga. It was far worse than the brilliant Kick off 2!
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:07
but they can also be better like quake 2, gta 3, sonic 2, mario 64, zelda 64, metal gear solid 2, freespace 2 etc.
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:07
Regular
"Back For Good"
Game Sequels are always better than the originals!!!

not convinced??

Super Mario 64
(16bit mario world to this)

Metal Gear Solid 2
(32 bit to 128 bit)

Grand Theft Auto 3
(2D to 3D)

Final Fantasy X
(FMV on DVD and better graphics)

SSX: Tricky
(no flickering board,caving in sky, added DVD extras and more)

Silent Hill 2
(huge improvement over original)

Timesplitters 2
(better single player and graphics are immense)

Gran Turismo 3
(best example)

In most cases improvements and enhancements are made to the sequels, ok the originality may drop a little but they are better.
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:10
I was just making a "comical" comment as the Amiga is sadly long gone. Hmmmm we do have real serious gamers here.
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:18
Regular
"Back For Good"
course some sequels will be worse than others ;-)

and talking about the amiga, why doesn't cannon fodder, overdrive or desert strike work on the 500 :-(
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:21
I dont know, my cannon fodder used to work but sadly my Amiga got given away many a year ago, *sigh*
Mon 04/02/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Back For Good"
lol, I sold mine to afford a playstation but bought another one :-D

had one of them mini 600 things, got a 500 now but the only games that'll run are Pinball dreams and this cack batman thing :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.