GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"From friendship to more"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/08/07 at 12:50
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Can going from being good friends to more than just friends work? Is it worth damaging a perfectly good friendship to ask the question? Or is it best just to stick to being friends?

I honestly don't know. My last relationship developed from a friendship, but I don't know if that happened because we had only just started to hang out with each other and I didn't know everything about her and she didn't know everything about me. There seems to be that barrier to going further than friends once you know more about each other and it prevents you from becoming 'more than just a good friend'. I've had that experience too, of asking someone out who I had been friends with for a while and she said no because it might ruin our friendship. She did however say that she did once feel more towards me than just being a friend, so again this backs up the theory of there's a certain period of time you have to act.

I don't know if it's possible to work both ways, can you go from best mates to more, regardless of how long you've known each other? Or should a good friendship never be put at risk? What are your experiences?
Sat 15/09/07 at 15:46
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I don't know if its worth the risk, but sometimes I think its better to be straight with them.

I'm dealing with this dillema myself - I like one of my best mates, but we became good friends when she rejected first of all. It wasn't a no, but a "still haven't gotten over my ex, so give me a little time".

I dunno if its now gone past the stage where all we'll be is friends. I may just wait to see what uni brings (although she will be in the uni nearby :S)

I suppose it depends on the case whether or not to proceed
Fri 14/09/07 at 17:17
Regular
I dont know...I think it can work if you were friends to begin with. In fact, I think it gives you a slightly stronger base. I may be wrong. Its just my bf and I used to be preety good friends and I started to have feelings for him, cos he's such an amazing guy. He's kind and caring and loving. He was a great friend and I guess he had the qualities I looked for in a good boyfriend. We've been together almost a year now. I have no regrets whatsoever. He's amazing.

I think its more how compatible you are with the person.

Although if she had feelings for you once, she might realise that you're still that guy and those feelings may develop again. Give it time I guess?! You shouldn't push it on the other person.

The question is do you love them?! You have to think long and hard about this.

If you have really strong feelings for this person, then you should tell them what your heart says and go for it.
Wed 22/08/07 at 12:26
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Everpain wrote:
> She says: I know you too well to go out with you.
> She means: You lack emotional depth, and are akin to a court
> jester - we keep you around for laughs, so don't get ideas above
> your station.

So that's why I'm always being encouraged to get very drunk... X^D
Wed 22/08/07 at 08:37
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
In my experiance No!

Mainly because people i meet seem to be total jerks. If they are not in a relationship with you they would rather be your worst enemy. Which is fine by me, proves what a possible Tw@t they would have been anyway.

At the minute i have made such a good friend. We get on great together and we have a laugh. Ive been told he wants more, and i dont because im done with relationships just cant be arsed with them. After being in a 7 year relationship my life now is my own. Thats the way i like it.

Ive been good friends, my ex. We were great friends at school and got on well. I wouldnt be in a relationship with him. Then when i left school 2 years i hadnt seen him and he decided to ring me, we started hanging out again and then got in a relationship. Together 7 years and had 2 kids before it all went down hill. Ok we talk because of the kids. However the friendship that we had has completly gone. Im sad about that but what can you do? Sometimes i wish i never risked getting with him. I knew it would end like this if we were to split.

Now i just tend to cling with friendships rather then relationships.

I would rather have friends in my life.

I cant say i speak to any of my ex's anymore
Wed 22/08/07 at 06:53
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Balls.

She says: It would ruin our friendship.
She means: My mates say you're a lousy kisser, besides, I wouldn't be seen dead dressed up in your car.

She says: I know you too well to go out with you.
She means: You lack emotional depth, and are akin to a court jester - we keep you around for laughs, so don't get ideas above your station.

She says: Could we ever go back to being just friends
She means: I'd screw you up so badly that you'd want to snap my neck, yet for appearances sake we'd have to hang out together because your friends are my friends etc.

She says: It's not the right time for me.
She means: I'm sleeping with your best mate(s), and we don't want you to know this just yet because we both know you can't handle it.
Wed 22/08/07 at 03:30
Regular
Why would you want to be more than just friends? I say that once you breach that threshold into the lover zone you're committed to a greater degree. Then, there are expectations..
Tue 21/08/07 at 15:19
Regular
I think my wife who is in fact Penelope Cruz would disagree with you there. Crazy guy.
Tue 21/08/07 at 15:08
"possibly impossible"
Alfonse wrote:
> I find it hard having girls

Says it all...
Tue 21/08/07 at 15:01
Regular
I find it hard having girls just as friends, as many of the qualities I look for in friends are the same qualities I look for in girlfriends.
Tue 21/08/07 at 14:53
"possibly impossible"
Didn't work out for me, but then at least we stayed friends afterwards.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.