GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The sims PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Sims'.
Wed 01/01/03 at 21:06
Regular
The sims for PS2 arives 12th of feb. It was the best game for the PC for a long while. Will it be the same for the PS2
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:17
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Crap game, anyone prepared to part cash for it when it arrives on the PS2, better be prepared to feel ripped off. Oh and because it's published by EA, expect the RRP to be around £44.99 very much like Thew Two Towers.
Sun 05/01/03 at 17:21
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> I liked playing The Sims for a while, the same as alot of you guys.
> But i found that i prefered building the houses rather than watching
> the people live in them. I was going to start a topic about this, but
> now the oppotunity is here i'll post my idea now. Becuase i prefer
> making the houses, i'd just make them and then destroy it. But if The
> Sims were to make a game that the idea was to make houses and then
> sell them, like an estate agents, then this would be right up my
> street. You would haave a certain amount of money, and have to decide
> which bits of land you would buy. Maybe there could be railway
> stations and other transport stations, so the land near these would
> cost more. You would need to build your houses, decorate them and then
> advertise them. Now you could "live" with the sims that buy
> your houses, rather than creating a family and "living" with
> them. People could want to move, and it is up to you to find them a
> suitable house or bungalow. It's just an idea, butr i think it's a
> different thing to all the add-ons that are being released. After all,
> you can download most of the items off of un-official sites. Some
> sites charge a bit, but some give the items away for free.

That is a cool idea but I stil like the original sims!
Sun 05/01/03 at 13:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I liked playing The Sims for a while, the same as alot of you guys. But i found that i prefered building the houses rather than watching the people live in them. I was going to start a topic about this, but now the oppotunity is here i'll post my idea now. Becuase i prefer making the houses, i'd just make them and then destroy it. But if The Sims were to make a game that the idea was to make houses and then sell them, like an estate agents, then this would be right up my street. You would haave a certain amount of money, and have to decide which bits of land you would buy. Maybe there could be railway stations and other transport stations, so the land near these would cost more. You would need to build your houses, decorate them and then advertise them. Now you could "live" with the sims that buy your houses, rather than creating a family and "living" with them. People could want to move, and it is up to you to find them a suitable house or bungalow. It's just an idea, butr i think it's a different thing to all the add-ons that are being released. After all, you can download most of the items off of un-official sites. Some sites charge a bit, but some give the items away for free.
Sun 05/01/03 at 12:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't know where you shop mate but i've never seen a PS2 game priced at £50 not even £45 come to that. Highest i've seen was £42.99 for Tekken 4. It will most likely be £40 as all the rest of PS2 games
Sat 04/01/03 at 22:01
Yeah but if they stuck it all on then you still wouldn't have to go and buy them - You could just get them all on one disc - that would be great - don't you agree?
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:53
Noswor! wrote:
> It would be that expensive cause alot of games are over priced! Also
> it would be good cause you can't get all those over-priced extension
> packs!

No game on the ps2 is ever that overpriced well at least i've never seen it and if you have you've been shopping at the wrong shops. However you wouldn't have to buy expansion packs correct but that could mean they either stick it all on one disc from the start or you will just get the original sims.
Sat 04/01/03 at 21:47
It would be that expensive cause alot of games are over priced! Also it would be good cause you can't get all those over-priced extension packs!
Sat 04/01/03 at 20:09
Noswor! wrote:
> I think I will be getting it but it depend how much it is!!!
> £49.99 - NO WAY £44.99 - MaYbE £39.99 - I am so
> getting it!

50 quid?why would it be that expensive it wouldn't even be 45 probably £35 if you buy in sr
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:40
I think I will be getting it but it depend how much it is!!! £49.99 - NO WAY £44.99 - MaYbE £39.99 - I am so getting it!
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:37
agent under fire wrote:
> I liked the sims on pc, went off it a bit when the endless add-ons
> came out but i don't think the sims will that good on ps2 unless you
> have a mouse if you can get one? Other than that i would find it
> annoying trying to select the right thing.

I agree but I still would like to see it on PS2!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.