GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone know where i can get the Animal Crossing guide in the UK??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Thu 02/01/03 at 15:06
Regular
Please help, i want the guide but as the game isn't out in the UK, i'm having trouble finding it!!! I don't want to buy it from Amazon as i really don't want to wait 2 weeks until they get it, any ideas on what websites to get it from?? does www.Ebgames.com ship to Britain?? Thanks :)
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Microchips wrote:
> I agree 100% Tilt. Guides are pathetic excuses for the
> gaming-challenged (if that even exists) among us. Well, when I say
> that, if it makes people happy, then I guess it's Ok...
>
> I spit at the people like prima who make the guides!

true normally, but in the case of animal crossing you are wrong wrong wrong, as anyone who has played the game (obviously not you) will know. there are events that you need to find out or you will miss them, and you are not cheating at all. the game even encourages you to find out about it online.
it's official site tells people when events are going to happen and the site is mentioned in-game! it tells you you can visit this "if you want to remeber when events happen".
this game is unique and and its only telling of your own stupidity that you try and tell people who've played the games that help from online is "pathetic" when it tells you in the game to do it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:36
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
So the game encourages you to look online, big deal. If you were a real gamer you would remember them yourself, and it's more rewarding discovering "events" by yourself, rather than flicking through a guide, hanging around until the right time, and wandering over to wherever your destination is.

*That* was what I was saying...
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think that there are big festivals which no one in the game tells you about, so in this way the onlne calendar of events would be useful. And I think it is less of a guide and more of a yearly calendar to help you plan your time better.
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:51
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
gerrid wrote:
And I think it is less of a guide and more of a yearly
> calendar to help you plan your time better.

It's cheap, but i'll allow it...

:D
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:03
"+ suspicious minds"
with all due respect to tilt and the other members of the 'guide burning brigade', you could'nt actually make a guide in the classic sense of the word for AC. unless it was basically telling you what to sell and what to keep to make loads of money, which would indeed be pathetic and demoralising.

(I'm wearing half of a comb I found in a craker in my hair as a makeshift chinese bun thing.)
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Spontanious Misfire 3 wrote:
> (I'm wearing half of a comb I found in a craker in my hair as a
> makeshift chinese bun thing.)

Me too!!
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:14
"+ suspicious minds"
mine comes in five parts. so there. nananana.
Mon 06/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
*tu tu tu* (spits) lol animal crossing is not meant to be hard.
Tue 07/01/03 at 10:04
Regular
of course its not hard, in fact you cant finish it!

i havent used an guide as such, just the official site like i was told to in the game.
i dont get to play it until evenings after work and then sat morning, so i hardly ever see daytimes!
if i miss an event then the site lets me know what i have missed and i can always put the clock back on my asystem if i need to do something major

this isnt cheating either, as i physically cannot play it all day everyday!

i havent touched it for about 3 weeks now, i just havent felt the urge or need to.
i have been playing my xbox online with moto gp and ghost recon.

im sad to say that the xbox has now become my most used console even though i do prefer the games on gc.
for example i love playing mario party 4 with my mates and im almost at the end of dead to rights now!

but xbox has begun to rule my life online! i find myself playing on it til gone 4am every morning at ghost recon.

and before anyone says "get out fanboy" i am not an xbox fanboy, and Tphi and a few others know im not!
i am dedicated to my gamecube but until some new decent games get released on it i wont be on it as often.
im still waitintg for US Zelda now, cant be bothered with the JAP one, it wont be the same without english
Sun 12/01/03 at 15:44
Regular
Alcofrolic?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.