GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing confirmed for Europe YAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:16
Regular
taken from cube-europe.com

N-Gamer: Why did Nintendo of Europe decide to not bring Animal Crossing to Europe?

David Tomlinson: Nintendo of Europe decided not to bring Animal Crossing to Europe because this genre of game hasn’t been tested in Europe or America. Because of this, Nintendo made a business decision to launch Animal Crossing in one region other than Japan. The region chosen was America. They then decided they couldn’t bring a new type of game out it one region, and not in Europe, the region complaining about being treated badly, so they launched Doshin the Giant here. Both games have been a success in both regions, and Nintendo of Europe is currently in the process of translating Animal Crossing for Europe.

N-Gamer: Will Animal Crossing ever reach European shores?

David Tomlinson: Well, let’s just say that I am testing a PAL conversion of it at the moment…

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:16
Regular
taken from cube-europe.com

N-Gamer: Why did Nintendo of Europe decide to not bring Animal Crossing to Europe?

David Tomlinson: Nintendo of Europe decided not to bring Animal Crossing to Europe because this genre of game hasn’t been tested in Europe or America. Because of this, Nintendo made a business decision to launch Animal Crossing in one region other than Japan. The region chosen was America. They then decided they couldn’t bring a new type of game out it one region, and not in Europe, the region complaining about being treated badly, so they launched Doshin the Giant here. Both games have been a success in both regions, and Nintendo of Europe is currently in the process of translating Animal Crossing for Europe.

N-Gamer: Will Animal Crossing ever reach European shores?

David Tomlinson: Well, let’s just say that I am testing a PAL conversion of it at the moment…

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:36
Regular
Why couldn't he just "yes"

It better be here before summer
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:45
Regular
What is this game about? Is it like Black and White? I also so Freeloader for sale on Lycos to buy for £19.99 yet I thought it wasn't going to be released here or that it hadn't been released?
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh oh, yippee.

Will it have our holidays in it?
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:16
Regular
I should think that the holiday setup type thing is part of the translation process, so yup should do.

I'm so fooking happy, I could cry.....but I won't cause I'm not a big girly man.
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Only a real man can cry.

What a load of balls.
Fri 03/01/03 at 01:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I have it on import and it is brilliant.
but you all have to wait! ;p

i wonder if it'll ahve no thanksgiving in PAL... if its that much different (which it won't be, I'm sure) then I'll buy the PAL version too... i would think all they would do is add in different languages, I can't see NOE changing much...
Fri 03/01/03 at 03:32
Regular
ppftt

Black & White, why do you think everything new from Nintendo is Black & White?

Black & White is gay, Animal Crossing rules, and it's nothing like it.
Fri 03/01/03 at 03:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
*does a little dance*

*collapses and falls asleep*
Fri 03/01/03 at 03:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
*uses matchsticks to prop eyelids open*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.