GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing confirmed for Europe YAY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 03/01/03 at 00:16
Regular
taken from cube-europe.com

N-Gamer: Why did Nintendo of Europe decide to not bring Animal Crossing to Europe?

David Tomlinson: Nintendo of Europe decided not to bring Animal Crossing to Europe because this genre of game hasn’t been tested in Europe or America. Because of this, Nintendo made a business decision to launch Animal Crossing in one region other than Japan. The region chosen was America. They then decided they couldn’t bring a new type of game out it one region, and not in Europe, the region complaining about being treated badly, so they launched Doshin the Giant here. Both games have been a success in both regions, and Nintendo of Europe is currently in the process of translating Animal Crossing for Europe.

N-Gamer: Will Animal Crossing ever reach European shores?

David Tomlinson: Well, let’s just say that I am testing a PAL conversion of it at the moment…

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY
Wed 08/01/03 at 10:20
Regular
"aliens exist"
thanks for the update. cube said the same thing about 3 months ago, durr
Tue 07/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Solskjær wrote:
> Phew! Seeing that cube-europe have said something about it really
> gives me the hope I was hoping for that this game WILL be released in
> Europe.
>
> I'm happy now! :)
>
>
> Digitiser reckon this'll be out over-here "mid-to-late
> Summer"...

According to my mate it is due for a Q1 release.
Tue 07/01/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
I live for moments like this.
Tue 07/01/03 at 10:50
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Phew! Seeing that cube-europe have said something about it really gives me the hope I was hoping for that this game WILL be released in Europe.

I'm happy now! :)

Digitiser reckon this'll be out over-here "mid-to-late Summer"...
Mon 06/01/03 at 18:56
Regular
www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=3337
Mon 06/01/03 at 15:41
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
I hate to say thi, but i went to cube-europe.com, and couldn't fibnd this article, could it be it's a fake like the one about nintendo buying sega and capcom. Also it is not on any other sites at all. please just tell me a link so i can see some proof,i want this game so much.
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:10
"+ suspicious minds"
Spontanious Misfire 3 wrote:
> if the freeloader can be arsed to come out on the release date, then
> I'll buy it and AC imedietly. I don't care how annoying swapping disks
> is, or even if it gets a autumn release, I just want this game as soon
> as legal methods of doing so become available.

I meant even if AC gets an autumn release.
Sat 04/01/03 at 15:09
"+ suspicious minds"
if the freeloader can be arsed to come out on the release date, then I'll buy it and AC imedietly. I don't care how annoying swapping disks is, or even if it gets a autumn release, I just want this game as soon as legal methods of doing so become available.
Sat 04/01/03 at 12:17
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
*MEGA.... owwwww.

Cookie, you spoiled my fun! Grr!

Anyhoo, I wouldn't get *too* excited, though, it would be silly not ot.

*jumps around*
Sat 04/01/03 at 12:13
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
cookie monster wrote:
> *MEGATON*

Not likely, since the megaton rumour is big in japan and america too.
So it's not going to be megaton, which means ther'll be more big news soon.......

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.