GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Longest you've been without sleep?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
I've had two over 48 hours

I'll try work how long they were

One was my school trip to Paris

I got up about 7 that morning, we went to school then left at 1 in morning. Never slept a wink on the bus, arrived in paris at about 4 in afternoon, we had a party in hotel that night. I was so tired I couldn't get to sleep if you catch my drift, I think I eventually passed out after Disneyland at about 5pm that day.

I do believe thats about 58 hours... although I may have dosed off on the way to Disneyland that day. I was't actually that tired until I stopped moving then slept that whole night, it was great. And enjoyed Disneyland the next day.

--------

Second one was Summer 2001

Once again up at around 7 on the Friday for school. We helped with school show that day, then helped at the show at night. There was a party after the school show which lasted the whole night. Went home but it was about 6 so never went to sleep. Then we went into Glasgow on Saturday and off to another party that night which again I never got any sleep but eventually came home and went to bed at about 10 am.

I think that's 51 hours... once again as above I never felt that tired, after you hit a certain hour things seem to lose focus and you lose track of time but when you close your eyes you go BOOM into a deep sleep.

------

My mate claimed he was awake for over three days as he became addicted to caffeine pills and was scared of the hotel he was staying in.

So what's yours?
Sun 05/01/03 at 11:44
Regular
"always swirling"
Kyz22 wrote:
> I eventually collapsed with exhaustion and slept.

wow, you must be a real fun guy to be with
Sun 05/01/03 at 11:36
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Its probably about 50something hours

I went through a period of insomnia a few years ago, I think it was due to stress or something. The more I dreaded not been able to sleep and so I stayed awake longer.

I eventually collapsed with exhaustion and slept.
Sun 05/01/03 at 11:06
"slightlyshortertagl"
a rather pathetic 45 hours :-P
Sun 05/01/03 at 10:58
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
The official record for going without sleep was set by Randy Gardner in 1965. He stayed awake for 265 hours and 12 minutes, then slept for 14 hours, 40 mts.

The longest I've probably done is about 2 days.
Sun 05/01/03 at 10:57
Regular
"cachoo"
I did that a lot last year. I would do it at least once a week! Honestly. There was no particular reason.
I was seriously (and still am!) hooked on Coca Cola, but i hate coffee! So I would drink at least a 2 litre bottle of it a day...
Sometimes I would stay up all night and then go to bed at around 6am. So that would be messing up my sleep pattern!

But the longest? Almost about 48 hours with absolutely no reason at all

=)
Sun 05/01/03 at 09:38
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I did about 42 hours once last year.

Up at 8am in the morning, then off to a fencing match. After that we spent the evening drinking, followed by a ten hour train journey, upon which I was the only person not to sleep. Eventually got back to Exeter where I had a presentation at 2pm, not having slept for 30 hours at the time.

I tried to stay up till four am for something on telly, but at 2am I just couldn't take it any more.
Sun 05/01/03 at 01:28
Regular
"Not your monkey"
57 hours - two all nighters in a row before a deadline.

And about a million cups of coffee.
At least.
Sun 05/01/03 at 01:14
Regular
Ashley?

What's the worlds record for that?
Sun 05/01/03 at 01:00
Regular
Months.

With insomnia, you are never asleep and never really awake.

I solved it with some health and addiction meetings

But now I have found something much better
Sat 04/01/03 at 23:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Thinking about it I must have slept on the bus to disneyland or I would have died

About an hours worth maybe

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.