GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And my next anticipated Xbox game purchase is..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 00:09
Regular
Dino Crisis 3!

Just looked at the screenshots, and it looks bloody awesome. The first two games were great fun on the PSone, and this looks just SO much better.

Shame it's not due here until next Christmas! :-( Hope there's something else due before then.
Sun 12/01/03 at 23:33
Regular
IGN say it's the best-looking game on Xbox. So being a graphics s1ut, that's good enough for me.

Seriously though, I think you have to be a fan of this type of game to like it - an on-rails shooter being led through a lush landscape just shooting baddies isn't to everyone's taste.

But like Rez, I love this stylish kind of thing.
Sun 12/01/03 at 21:31
Regular
Ah yes I know... but the scores are created by an overall marking systems so they add up gameplay/graphics etc...

35/40 is an awesome score but according to Famitsu Zelda is a perfect game (no multiplayer so no it isn't) and that is frankly unbelievable.
Sun 12/01/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Dringo wrote:
> if this is supposed to be the legend in which I am hearing I'd have hoped to see it closer to Zelda's standards.

Eh, wa?

I'm not looking forward to it because of a 35/40 score. Only when I saw footage of the game did I realise just how good the game looks set to be.
Zelda and PDO are completly diferent types of games anyway. One is an on rails shooter and the other is an adventure.
Sun 12/01/03 at 19:38
Regular
IGN gave it 9.2 and an American Magazine game it 10/10 so I can't wait to play this game. 35/40 is a great score and after all the Animal Crossing posts in the Nintendo forum and how some are importing a GameCube to play the game yet it socred the same as Panzer Dragoon Orta :) Its just one of the many great release this year and another worthy exclusive. Lets just hope Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball is going to live up to my own personal hype!
Sun 12/01/03 at 18:28
Regular
Mr D.

35/40 is a good score you know :-)
Sun 12/01/03 at 18:07
Regular
Blindfold wrote:
> Mantis wrote:
> More People should be excited about Panzer Dragoon Orta. It's
> looking
> to be a classic.
>
> Did I read somewhere that Famitsu magazine gave it 35/40? - PDO is top
> of my most wanted list for sure.

35/40????

That is in the top score band but really you need to consider the fact that Animal Crossing got 35/40, Super Smash Brothers: Melee got 36/40 and Zelda got 40/40. Naturally I can only speak for Nintendo games as I don't follow the other systems... nevertheless if this is supposed to be the legend in which I am hearing I'd have hoped to see it closer to Zelda's standards. This was one of those X-box games that very nearly tempted me over.
Sun 12/01/03 at 12:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
This is gonna be a busy game buying year for me. ;-)) Dino Crisis 3 does look the nuts. I think its due out a good bit sooner than next Christmas Wookie - you'll have to keep your eyes open on it. ;-)

There are a bunch of games that are getting my attention at the moment such as DOA: Extreme Beach Volleyball, Toejam & Earl 3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance (got a DVD about it and shock horror, it looks damn good !), Steel Battalion, TOCA Race Driver and Panzer Dragoon Orta.

There are other games too of course but I'm not gonna list them all. Hopefully we'll soon see the release of Battle Engine Aquila and Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis soon too. Feels like we've been waiting forever for those. ;-)
Kind of like the wait some of us went through for the Buffy game. ;-))

I watched the Mortal Kombat DVD I got hold of and I have to admit, I was left very impressed by what it has in store. The best news of all is that its going back to its original roots, so no more of that friendship and babality crap that was added.
The death moves seem pretty good, there seems to be a good fighting system in it and with the Krypt area, theres tons to unlock and keep you busy. This is the game that could well put the MK series right back up there with the best beat em ups. Feb 14th is the release date (cute move Midway), so not long to wait and see what its all like. ;-)
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:34
Regular
""To the pub...""
the combat is real time and you have the option of having a 3rd person view or first person view

MorrowinD is not only the best rpg on the x-box it is one of the best rpgs ever in fact it won awards as best rpg of the year and best console rpg

if you have played diablo on the pc imagine that in 3d with tons of added features like

the ability to make any character you want (well within 480 billion combinations lol) you can select species/class-(occupation)/ looks

you can make your own magic and potions you can do anything you want in the game like becoming a theif and nicking peoples stuff lol

i can't be bothered to write anymore if i was to write all about morrowind i'ld need to produce a a4 book with about 500 pages lol

basically search the net for info about it but trust me its brilliant !!!

better than final fantasy series / zelda / diablo / and the rest.
Thu 09/01/03 at 21:58
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Whats that about then? What kind of battle system does it have? Real time or turn based.

Thanx again
Thu 09/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
In a word: Morrowind.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.