GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY PRIZE - FEBRUARY BANNERS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/02/02 at 16:55
Regular
Blimey, that was a task and a half. Well done to all who entered, the standard of banners has gone up significantly since the last competition, so I look forward to the next one (as long as I don't have to judge it).

It was a tough decision to pick winning entries, but we narrowed it down to 3. You'll notice that the winning banners are quite simple and effective, fancy stuff is all well and good but when you've only got 15k to play with, you need to sacrifice it sometimes. Okay, enough waffle, the winners are...

Funkygamer for his Comanche Banner
Gabbo for his GetDotted Banner (fifth from top)
Natbuc for his Monsters Inc Banner (blue)

You all win the DVD of your choice from our database, up to the value of £25 - congratulations! Special mention must got to all the people who submitted loads and loads of banners and didn't win, sorry about that! And I apologise for ending the competition slightly early, I wanted to get it finished for the weekend for you.

Cheers
Ali

----------------------------------------------------

Completed Banners:

Funky Gamer - Click here
Er-no - Click here
Edgy - Click here
Gabbo - Click here
Natbuc - 1, 2 and 3
Rainier Wolfcastle - Click here
Lodge (or Darkness_2k, one of you) - Click here
Joe Dark - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
(May need www inserted into link)
PinkPig - Click here
cooldogs - Click here
1/2pint - Click here
messiah_4_ever - Click here
chris_uk - Click here
Rickoss - Click Here
Darkness_2k - Click here
Shaneo - 1 and 2
Doughnut Monster - Click here
No.2 - Click here
Oxide - 1, 2
dFox - Click here
Agent Smith - 1 and 2
cookie monster - 1 and 2
TomUK - Click here
Rakuga - Click here
Mr. Nice Guy - Your page didn't work, sorry
Dr. Duck - Click here
Force of Nature - Your page didn't work, sorry
Weird Kid - Click here
Dav1d - 1, 2

Some Geocities links may need a www inserted to make them work, it's an eternal mystery to me. I'm judging this as we speak.

Ali - please organise this.

1 banner used = FAD prize
2 banners used = GAD prize

Give url's and Ali will make them into hyperlinks in this thread.

Rule 1

Banners must be commercially inspired for the purpose of generating income and profit to Special Reserve or Freeola. i.e. Please do not design banners for UKcheats, Gameaday, Winacar etc. Design banners for SR Membership, Maxx, products we sell, Get Dotted, Freeola, Ram, PC parts - anything which is a source of income to us.

Rule 2

Banners must be under 15k, Indexed gif, 468 x 60 pixels. You can submit RGB gifs but better if they are "indexed" as they will apparently come up smaller.

Thanks in advance. Good Luck.
Page:
Sat 02/03/02 at 11:26
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
A hearty congratulations to the winners!
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:48
Na†ßu© wrote:
> Thanks Funky Gamer and well done to you too. And about
> the DVD player thing....do you know wether you can get a
> £25 quid game instead?

Dunno mate, the original post was overwritten a bit with the new stuff, I don't mind getting a DVD though, I'll just keep hold of it until I finally buy a DVD player.
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:41
Regular
"  "
funkygamer wrote:
> Many thanks for that Ali, damn, I wish I had a DVD player!! ;) Not to worry,
> it'll give me an excuse to get one.

As for the people who are bad mouthing
> those of us who won, well, all I did was follow the rules and used my own
> judgement. For the Comanche one that won, I actually followed er-no's advice to
> do something original and funny, so I'd just like to thank er-no for that
> advice.

I notice that all the ones that won were simple, and effective, and
> will be able to be shown for a good few months without looking too dated. Many
> of the banners that we (all of us!) have done would be dated within a few weeks
> (x-box & GC launches?) and so wouldn't have been much use to SR as a
> business once those dates had passed.

To the other winners, well done guys, I
> like both the styles of banners you had done, and when I originally saw the
> Monstors Inc ones I thought they were all going to win! A stroke of
> genius.

I feel a bit guilty because I've not been visiting the forums much
> this week due to looking for a new house, rest assured normal service will be
> resumed next week.

Many thanks again guys.

Thanks Funky Gamer and well done to you too. And about the DVD player thing....do you know wether you can get a £25 quid game instead?
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:41
Oh, and Edgy, I loved the "because I'm worth it" Gameboy banner, that was pure class, and the GTAIII one was great looking too ;)
Sat 02/03/02 at 08:34
Many thanks for that Ali, damn, I wish I had a DVD player!! ;) Not to worry, it'll give me an excuse to get one.

As for the people who are bad mouthing those of us who won, well, all I did was follow the rules and used my own judgement. For the Comanche one that won, I actually followed er-no's advice to do something original and funny, so I'd just like to thank er-no for that advice.

I notice that all the ones that won were simple, and effective, and will be able to be shown for a good few months without looking too dated. Many of the banners that we (all of us!) have done would be dated within a few weeks (x-box & GC launches?) and so wouldn't have been much use to SR as a business once those dates had passed.

To the other winners, well done guys, I like both the styles of banners you had done, and when I originally saw the Monstors Inc ones I thought they were all going to win! A stroke of genius.

I feel a bit guilty because I've not been visiting the forums much this week due to looking for a new house, rest assured normal service will be resumed next week.

Many thanks again guys.
Fri 01/03/02 at 22:16
Regular
American Dog wrote:
> sadly, I haven't been able to see any of your 24 banners, they all say
> "Sorry this page could not be found" :(

I know, you just have to put 'www.' after the http:// bit then they will work
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Well done to all 3 winners!

All of those banners were great!

;-)
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:25
sadly, I haven't been able to see any of your 24 banners, they all say "Sorry this page could not be found" :(

I agree when people have said they aren't the best ones, the winners themselves had better banners!
Fri 01/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
I never ealised Id made 24
Fri 01/03/02 at 19:26
Regular
Im not saying the winners are rubbish they are good but Ive seen better ones, er-nos's smash bros one is really good.

And sorry about putting all my banners on single pages, I dont know how to put them all in one
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.