GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charity Appeal for Nintendo 64 Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 20:00
Regular
I was hoping to get this up and running before Christmas, but ran out of time.

We are giving our six Nintendo 64 pods, from the Special Reserve Shops, to Children's hospitals. So we need games to go with them.

Initially we are supporting the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal for the Bristol Children's Hospital.

http://www.grandappeal.org.uk

The pods are complete with large TV's, and should suit the hospital envoronment quite well.

If you would like to contribute any of your Nintendo 64 games please take them into a shop or send them to:

Tracey Davies
Grand Appeal
Special Reserve Shop
351 Gloucester Road
Bristol
BS7 8PG

Give your name etc and we will post a list of contributors at the shop and on the site (plus some piccies as we progress)
Sun 07/04/02 at 20:15
"+ suspicious minds"
i am sending pk stadium and i hope they put it in the toddelers ward because any one older than maybe ten who can play this game for more than twenty minutes without realizing it is much, much worse than the hype says. i mean, it is 3d pokemon. that is all. cep't for the minni games wich are a bit pointless on your own. still, its colourful, and its got pokemon in it, so i am suesome brat in the hospital would like it.

good cause, well done SR.
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sibs wrote:

What if someone sent them Superman 64??? Isn't that cruelty to
> children?
;-)

Heh... that's the best joke ever... not just because I wrote it... ah well, okay yes, just becasue I wrote it...
Sat 06/04/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
pop to the top because it is a worthy cause...
Wed 06/02/02 at 13:59
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yep, probably not 18 rated games, but I'm sure they will be fine if the boxes are a bit tatty.
Tue 05/02/02 at 18:58
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
maybe some broken controllers that way they could take them apart , and play with all the lovely stuff inside (i have ..... many times !)
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:52
"penguins in hawaii?"
What about magazines? I have loads, surely they will want something to read?
Mon 04/02/02 at 18:49
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
could they use cheat cartridges ??
i have an action reply one , still got the box and video , so if there are some budding code junkies that get injured they could use it , and learn how to use it by watching the video !
i'll never sell it so i'll get that in the post to you sometime this year ;-)

only kidding , i'll send it this week or the next. do i have to put it in the box as that will just clutter up the hospital , and will make postage more.

do you want a game stand , it can hold 6 games , and might come in usefull , ive got 2 so now ive only got about 5 of my favourite games left , i dont need the other one.
Mon 04/02/02 at 13:39
just wanna put this to the top cos its a worthy cause
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just wonderin Tony, if they are for Kids hospitals, then you won't be wanting 15/18 games?

What if someone sent them Superman 64??? Isn't that cruelty to children?
;-)
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:49
Regular
Actually, is there a closing date on this thing? All my game boxes are about a hundred miles away, for the forseeable future.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.