GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Charity Appeal for Nintendo 64 Games"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 20:00
Regular
I was hoping to get this up and running before Christmas, but ran out of time.

We are giving our six Nintendo 64 pods, from the Special Reserve Shops, to Children's hospitals. So we need games to go with them.

Initially we are supporting the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal for the Bristol Children's Hospital.

http://www.grandappeal.org.uk

The pods are complete with large TV's, and should suit the hospital envoronment quite well.

If you would like to contribute any of your Nintendo 64 games please take them into a shop or send them to:

Tracey Davies
Grand Appeal
Special Reserve Shop
351 Gloucester Road
Bristol
BS7 8PG

Give your name etc and we will post a list of contributors at the shop and on the site (plus some piccies as we progress)
Thu 31/01/02 at 20:00
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
I was hoping to get this up and running before Christmas, but ran out of time.

We are giving our six Nintendo 64 pods, from the Special Reserve Shops, to Children's hospitals. So we need games to go with them.

Initially we are supporting the Wallace and Gromit Grand Appeal for the Bristol Children's Hospital.

http://www.grandappeal.org.uk

The pods are complete with large TV's, and should suit the hospital envoronment quite well.

If you would like to contribute any of your Nintendo 64 games please take them into a shop or send them to:

Tracey Davies
Grand Appeal
Special Reserve Shop
351 Gloucester Road
Bristol
BS7 8PG

Give your name etc and we will post a list of contributors at the shop and on the site (plus some piccies as we progress)
Fri 01/02/02 at 08:08
Regular
"not dead"
Does it matter if the boxes are a little tatty?

What if they're boxless, or have no instructions?
Fri 01/02/02 at 12:23
Regular
"DS..."
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Does it matter if the boxes are a little tatty?

What if they're boxless, or
> have no instructions?

Um, it's a charity!
slik ~_~
Fri 01/02/02 at 15:43
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
What exactly do we get in return? :)
Fri 01/02/02 at 16:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's for charity! How can you expect to get something back!! I know it's hard giving up some N64 games, but think of the kids who haven't played an N64!! Poor kids. They deserve to play at least one game!

I'm still not sure though. I was gunna trade in 2 of my games at EB, for money off, but as it's in Bristol, i'm also slightly tempted with this charity thing.
What should I do???
Fri 01/02/02 at 20:26
Regular
Sounds like a deserving charity, and i'm sure we can come up with a few games we can manage to give away between us.

Hey tony, do you know how much postage a boxed game would need?
Fri 01/02/02 at 21:22
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I reckon we should all give away our least-favoured N64 game (especially Cooky, seeing as the muppet's got billions of 'em). I'm even going to buy one (probably second hand) for the cause! Good on ya Tony!
Fri 01/02/02 at 22:04
Twain wrote:
> What exactly do we get in return? :)

if you have to ask then you wont need it
Sun 03/02/02 at 15:49
Regular
Actually, is there a closing date on this thing? All my game boxes are about a hundred miles away, for the forseeable future.
Sun 03/02/02 at 16:22
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just wonderin Tony, if they are for Kids hospitals, then you won't be wanting 15/18 games?

What if someone sent them Superman 64??? Isn't that cruelty to children?
;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.