GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy X Sucks"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/01/02 at 15:18
Regular
I'd never actually played a Final Fantasy game until about 3 months ago. I started from VIII, but didn't finish that. Then I went back 3 and 4 through emulation. While they weren't brilliant, I enjoyed them...

The other day (Tuesday) I went to my friends house from church. He's like some sort of 'Gaming Oracle'... granted, he thinks Rare have made games for PS in the US, but other than that, he has all the consoles, and knows his stuff.

Anyway, I was looking through his collection of PS2 games, and I asked what Jobu Men Chachu was (Or somethinglike that) he said it's Japanese. I asked him if he has his PS2 chipped - In answer, he pulled out a Japanese PS2 and showed me copies of all the Japanese RPG's that hadn't made it to England (Yet)

Then out of the blue he asked me if I wanted to play Final Fantasy X

Yes! I said

So we fired it up, and it all looked good, but when you play it, it sucks! I've never played such a boring, crap, ill-timed game in all my life! The battle system isn't bad, but it lacks in almost every department except sound! I don't know how long this Final Fantasy crap is going to go on, but Square should either go back to their roots and develop better storylines, or try and figutre out how to use a PS2 Dev kit!

Now, while I'm no RPG master, I do know how they should work, and FFX isn't the way! I didn't have too long to play it (About an hour), but it seems like more of a movie. It's packed with cut-scenes and all that rubbish.

Maybe it's just me, but even EDGE gave it just 6 or 7/10.

I think it's about time they stopped them... or atleast changed the direction of the franchise.

If FFXI is as bad, SONY will lose so many customers!
Mon 04/02/02 at 14:21
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I love FFX! Dont dis it FF is the best series in the world :D:D:D:D:D.
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:18
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I'm sure if you hunt around the net you'll find many sites dedicated to it.
If you can get a rom & emulator of it play it and love it!
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:10
You got a good website or something with lots of info on it?
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:07
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Vai wrote:
> er-no wrote:
> Did somebody say Secret of Mana?

Whats secret of mana? Is
> it any good?

It's only the best darn RPG ever made!
Thu 31/01/02 at 22:00
er-no wrote:
> Did somebody say Secret of Mana?

Whats secret of mana? Is it any good?
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:43
Regular
"everyone says it"
Did somebody say Secret of Mana?

Oh.. ok.. just that well you know.

:-))))
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Exactly. Which is why I said Europe.
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:17
Turbonutter wrote:
> I reckon Europe will be more than ready for FFXI when it comes out, if not already.

I doubt that cable will ever be 'common' so to say in the UK, but I think that if bt lowered the price of adsl then we could see a big increase in people using it which means online gaming will become more of an option for us.
Thu 31/01/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I was of the opinion that FFXI was just a normal FF game and FFonline was the online one.

By the way, you all seem to be forgetting that the USA and Japan already have broadband networks in place and operational, and most houses have them in use already. The UK is about as bad as it gets, I reckon Europe will be more than ready for FFXI when it comes out, if not already.
Thu 31/01/02 at 19:44
The Game wrote:
> it seems like more of a movie. It's packed with cut scenes and all that rubbish.

I found that they usually have those at the beginning which is the only thing you would have seen (as you only played it for an hour), and in the others they used the text box when you talk to people, now in FFX all the characters talk, and judging by how much text there were in the last game this should have been expected.

> I think it's about time
> they stopped them... or atleast changed the direction of the franchise.

Are you crazy? It's the direction of the franchise that got the FF series where they are today.

> If FFXI is as bad, SONY will lose so many customers!

Personally I have may doubts about FFXI because of the online aspect and how the internet speed is very basic in the UK, this game will be big in Japan, they have good broadband coverage (as I heard in another post) but if it will be as slow/lagged as other online games then it could fail.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.