GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will you be playing online PS2 games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 19:05
Regular
After just reading about what you need to get started in OPSM2, i don't think i will be playing online PS2 games. Apart from the obvious things you need like a PS2 and a Memory card, you need to buy The Broadband gaming pack for £45. Thats not too bad i would get that but the Broadband connections packages are just too much to pay every month.

NTL has about the best deal - £24.99 a month but thats only for Cable.

Then theres Telewest which is about £60 more than NTL.

To connect via phoneline:

BT's is £65 activation charge + £85 for the modem and filters that allow you to use the phone at the same time + £27 a month!

A tad expensive if you ask me.
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:54
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
NTL does seem to be a good deal, unfortunately you have to be quite lucky to live in an area where they will provide a service. BT is a complete rip off and there's no way in hell I'd pay that much.
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Not fussed about gaming online.

Not going to get broadband in my rented house,
Would rather have a room full of mates.
Mon 06/01/03 at 13:09
Regular
No broadband in my area, so no PS2 online.
Mon 06/01/03 at 12:34
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have Broadband NTL already - even so getting PS2 online won't be cheap, there are bound to be subscription charges to Sony etc.
Still GT4 should make it all worth while.
Mon 06/01/03 at 12:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I've already got an online connection on my PC, so no I'll not be going online with my PS2. Of course the main reason is that online games are fun, but very over-rated, they get boring to fast.
Mon 06/01/03 at 12:11
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
I'm hoping to get broadband soon (£25 per month, not £60), and the starter package only costs around the same as a game, I think it is worth it for games like SOCOM and hopefully the next game from Free Radical (makers of Timesplitters). The online element will extend a lot of new games' lifespan as well, thus helping you get more for the money you'll pay on games.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:40
Regular
"Notable"
everyone will have it.

so theres no point saying its to expensive
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:38
Regular
"  "
Well I get Cable TV, and a Cable Internet connection, and a phone line all for just £24.99 a month from NTL. So basically the first month will cost £70 and after that £24.99. But think about it, Telephone, Internet, and in some cases digital T.V. are all something most people pay for every month anyway, regardless of whether they have PS2 Online or not. So basically whether I go online or not I will still be paying the same, except the initial £45. Not bad at all. See you all online in March :)
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:34
Regular
Once BT, get there fingers out and get more coverage of the UK and give the cable companies a run for their money, prices will have to drop.
Sun 05/01/03 at 19:32
Regular
Only if the cost drops will i get the package and everything.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.