GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameaday Winners Wanted ?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 05/01/03 at 23:15
Regular
As a previous "Gameaday Winner" you have already established yourself as a talented writer. Now you can extend your writing pleasure and receive free games in the process. Have you got what it takes to be a Staff Reviewer ?

Here's how it works - Once you are established as a reliable reviewer, you will be offered games for review. The game is sent to you, you review it and then you keep the game. There's no expected commitment, you can review as many or as few games as you like each month so if you're busy and only want to do a couple a month that's fine.

We encourage our reviewers to send in there own reviews and the more they contribute the more titles they receive. Geoff for instance reviewed 10 Xbox, 9 Gamecube, 6 PS2 and 30 Dreamcast games from my own collection (a total of 55 games) and rented and reviewed 10 games. In return he recived 12 Xbox, 6 Gamecube, 16 PS2, 8 Dreamcast and 2 PSOne games for review (a total of 44 games).

For your own contributions you should receive a better games for review ratio that you are getting with Gameaday. Like some of our Staff Reviewers you can still submit them to Gameaday. We don't object...

Please feel free to submit all your past and present reviews for inclusion on the site to [email protected]

What have you got to lose ?
Mon 06/01/03 at 17:04
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I dont quite understand. Explain more and I may be interested.
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:58
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Sibs said this

Afro, I said, (and I qoute) "so don't go quoting me here".
DAMN YOU! *shakes fist at Afro*

:-)
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:34
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
AliBoy wrote:
> I e-mailed him earlier today just looking for more info on it all, why
> he wants the reviews etc and about the sending and keeping of games
> etc.
> Still waiting for a reply.
> Isn't a lot to loose, is there?
> :-)

Except for your SR dignity! How could you?!

*runs off in tears*
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:31
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I e-mailed him earlier today just looking for more info on it all, why he wants the reviews etc and about the sending and keeping of games etc.
Still waiting for a reply.
Isn't a lot to loose, is there?
:-)
Mon 06/01/03 at 16:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Sibs said this, in the topic that this guy posted in the Nintendo forum.

"Well, even if it is a scam (I'm not saying it is or isn't so don't go quoting me here), quite frankly what are you gonna lose? If you just send him some reviews you wrote and put up on SR the worst he can do is out them on his site and not give you any credit. And I think most here only write game reviews to try and win GAD anyway, so it can't exactly do you any harm to send a bunch of reviews you've already put on SR anyway..."

And to be quite honest, he's correct. What have we got to lose? Even if it is a scam, we're only sending him reviews. :-)
Mon 06/01/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
AliBoy wrote:
> Here's how it works - Once you are established as a reliable
> reviewer,
>
> In other words send them loads of reviews you wrote which they will
> use only to be told you ain't good enough.

No, what he means is that when he gets a title for review, they like to see the review go on the site as soon as possible. If you review a game and it's of a decent enough quality he'll send you a game, and if you get that one done in a decent time frame then you're in.

stop being so cynical, all of you!
Mon 06/01/03 at 11:40
Regular
"He's back"
i rekon teenagers should write the reviews for magazines.
Mon 06/01/03 at 10:32
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
hmmm

This is one hell of an iffy situation.
Mon 06/01/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
All you mockers don't realise a great deal when you see one. I have been reviewing for Paul for about a year now, and have got about 15 or so PS2 games and 4 or 5 PC titles just for reviewing them. It really isn't a scam.
Sun 05/01/03 at 23:45
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Anyone want to work from home?

I can give you lots of money!*

*This may or may not be true.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.