GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA Sports games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 16:13
Regular
Does anyone feel the same way that i do about EA Sports titles such as:

FIFA'S
NBA STREET
NHL'S
NFL'S

EA Sports games are pure boredom, when you first purchase an EA Sports title you think that its absolutley amazing, the graphics are good but the gameplay is nill! I recently purchased fifa 2002 and i am bored alreday after one weeks playing put the ISS series keep me entertained for months without getting romotley bored! NBA Street i thought was amazing when i played on it first but the novelty soon wore off as i performed the same old dunks and won every game that i played. EA make great action games like 007 IN AGENT UNDER FIRE but their sports games are really annoying me and i am not going to purchase another till they change the way of their games! Am i the only one who thinks this?
Wed 30/01/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
EA sports were THE name in ice hockey on the Megadrive, but because they have this great rep they are slacking.

Trouble is, that people will still buy the name rather than the game.
Wed 30/01/02 at 11:04
Newcastle United
Tue 29/01/02 at 21:14
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
fifa's a good game for a quick go, but ISS is much better overall.

The thing with EA is something ive been worried about for a long time, you see many people (maninly marketing) have sugested that as a indsutry games will go up and up until easily taking over films and such other huge money and high popularity activities, but it seems that as each company becomes bigger its games get worse.

I still remember days when i used to play mega drive games practically all day, and nearly every single game had the little yellow tag on the side meaning it had been made by electronic arts.

Up until the days of playstation u see, Electronic arts had kept up to the traditions of the company it took over to become electronic arts in the first place (which is Rainbird if your wondering)

Now Rainbird was one of the best "old time" games companies and become very popular aroudn the time of the zx spectrum, a console that most if any of u will not remember.

anyway *rushing to the point*
Once gaming and electronic arts became more and more popular they then seemed to adopt this new approach which has led to some truely bad games and also some horrible sequels.

But now we have Ea's original people the Rainbird sytle of gaming people who have formed the subsiduary eaBIG. Now this should imporve Ea's overalldecentness, and hopefully at some point leak down into there other games, and stop this ridiculous trend of sequel after sequel which is so annoying.
Tue 29/01/02 at 20:09
Guess no ones going to back me up about Fifa. So am i the only person keeping the fifa games going? The one single buyer of the games?
Tue 29/01/02 at 20:05
the NBA, NFL and NHL games are good but fifa ............ different story
Tue 29/01/02 at 20:02
Who are the other 2?
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:17
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Not another one, there is already 2 here!! :D
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:15
Ah sheffield Wednesday, I support the mighty Spurs!
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Whatever!"
I dont really like the FIFA games - However World Cup '98 was by far EA's best!!
Hope World Cup '02 is just as good!!
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:12
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Come on fight! :D

I support Sheff Wed, we are playing Sheff U tonight, im listening to it right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.