GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EA Sports games"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 16:13
Regular
Does anyone feel the same way that i do about EA Sports titles such as:

FIFA'S
NBA STREET
NHL'S
NFL'S

EA Sports games are pure boredom, when you first purchase an EA Sports title you think that its absolutley amazing, the graphics are good but the gameplay is nill! I recently purchased fifa 2002 and i am bored alreday after one weeks playing put the ISS series keep me entertained for months without getting romotley bored! NBA Street i thought was amazing when i played on it first but the novelty soon wore off as i performed the same old dunks and won every game that i played. EA make great action games like 007 IN AGENT UNDER FIRE but their sports games are really annoying me and i am not going to purchase another till they change the way of their games! Am i the only one who thinks this?
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:13
Does anyone feel the same way that i do about EA Sports titles such as:

FIFA'S
NBA STREET
NHL'S
NFL'S

EA Sports games are pure boredom, when you first purchase an EA Sports title you think that its absolutley amazing, the graphics are good but the gameplay is nill! I recently purchased fifa 2002 and i am bored alreday after one weeks playing put the ISS series keep me entertained for months without getting romotley bored! NBA Street i thought was amazing when i played on it first but the novelty soon wore off as i performed the same old dunks and won every game that i played. EA make great action games like 007 IN AGENT UNDER FIRE but their sports games are really annoying me and i am not going to purchase another till they change the way of their games! Am i the only one who thinks this?
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:17
Regular
"Back For Good"
EA sport titles are basically sport simulators made for fantatics of the particular sport, Some are entertaining but you have to be a fantatic to really enjoy them. The titles made from EA Sports BIG are a different story, they take the sport and add an arcade, enjoyable side to it, SSX + NBA street for example :-)
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have been saying this for years!! :D

Seriously though, i dont find them boring, infact when you first play EA games there quite fun. The thing is though that there sport games are mainly focused on arcade gaming which for some, like me does not last all that long and games like Fifa which soon become very easy to play become boring. It all really depends on what type of game you like, whether you prefer the 'sim' games such as the superb Pro Evo or arcade games that EA make well. We all know how good SSX is, what really effects whether i feel if an EA game is good or not depends on there genre and which sport they make the game on. I dont like Fifa as im a football fanatic and i prefer my footie games to mimic the real thing and so go for pro evo, but then again i like the NHL games as i dont really know much about it so cant really judge it.
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:21
Regular
NBA Street is quite good, it's just FIFA.
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:28
Regular
"Whatever!"
I like NBA Street - Thats probably one of the best EA Sports games of recent times!! Also I like the NHL and Madden games but I cant see the point in releasing the same thing each and every year!!
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:49
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes to be honest EA are not going anywhere with their sports games right now. Just 3 years ago FIFA games were the business and I really enjoyed them-especially FIFA 99. But sincethen the games have been going downhill and I am not quite sure what EA will do now.

On the different note, I think NHL games are excellent. I like Ice Hockey and I am thinking of getting the lates ice hockey sim from EA. They are fun to play, include loads of hidden extras (special cards like in Smackdown 3) and are good in multiplayer.

SSX and Tricky are aboslutely fantastic and NBA Street is without any arguments the best basketball sim out there right now. The NBA Live series just dont look attractive or appealing anymore.

I think EA should cut down on the arcadeness ibn their sports titles, and they will be again the favourites outh there
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:59
I still enjoy the classic FIFA games, right from Fifa94 right to the present Fifa2002, i've enjoyed them all - FOOTBALL RocKS!
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:03
Regular
Football indeed rocks, however fifa if far from that.........
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:09
I'm not going to get into another fifa argument Who u support?
Tue 29/01/02 at 19:12
Regular
Come on fight! :D

I support Sheff Wed, we are playing Sheff U tonight, im listening to it right now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.