GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Threads suck!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 15:12
Regular
People who start these record attempt threads are very sad and pathetic why bother? Why not talk about something decent like ff10?
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:12
People who start these record attempt threads are very sad and pathetic why bother? Why not talk about something decent like ff10?
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:14
What a shining example of a quality post. You'll go far my friend!

And hopefully you'll stay there.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:17
"High polygon count"
I'd tend to agree, though. How many "World's Longest Threads" do we need? Each post made in the other WLT's is one less post for the FoG Chat WLT.

Keep it all in one place, and it gets longer, quicker! Having more than one on the same boards is self-defeating.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:22
And it's never going to be the 'World's longest', let's face it. Also really there are no common thread to the posts, they're just in the same place. It would be a real challenge to pick a topic, and stick to it.

Hey, crunchy nits.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:27
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Most people only start WLT's cause they get off on how many replies they recieve.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think that each forum needs a thread like the WLT. Its place where small comments can be talked about between friends. If everybody posted new topics instead of saying it in the WLT then the whole forum would be a mess of complete rubbish. But people keep small posts for the WLT and then free up the forums for the serious posts.
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:44
Very true. But it could be called the 'PS2 - general chat' thread or something.
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:02
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
simonmorley82 wrote:
> People who start these record attempt threads are very sad and pathetic why
> bother? Why not talk about something decent like ff10?

People end up talking about ff10 in those threads....
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:07
Regular
"Bah"
theres even a seperate FFx thread
.......fool
MM
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:11
devo wrote:
> Very true. But it could be called the 'PS2 - general chat' thread or something.

Why? Whats in a name? Why should there be an outrage over something as petty as peoples topic titles. They're not racist or sexist, they're perhaps a bit conformist - but they work! Its an ideal way to keep the crap in one place. People feel like their worthless banter has some use if its increasing a so called record attempt.

Whether a record is broken or not, who really cares?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.