GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PAL vs. USA version"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/02 at 15:02
Regular
I live in the USA and I found your website and found some really cool games that you couldn't get over here. I ordered the world class snooker 2002. I was really bumming when I got it and it wouldn't play.

What I want to know is; If I bought a PAL version of the console, will it work in the USA? Are USA TV's SCART compatible? Will I need a voltage converter for the console to plug it in?

There are a number of games I would really like to try, Rugby and the new Cricket games look like alot of fun.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Wed 30/01/02 at 05:00
Or†ega wrote:
> American wanting to play our games?!

Always a first for everything...

What are you talking about I've been here forever!

That shows how much I get noticed.
Wed 30/01/02 at 04:58
I'll tell you what is the best thing to do because I'm from the U.S. too. What you need to do is chip it. It'll save you a lot of money and you get all the games that we can't in the U.S.
Wed 30/01/02 at 00:18
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
thanx mr matrix means a lot to me. i'll keep the posts clean and if i write a review it will be my own words.
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:15
Regular
"Bah"
Vamp lots of people are saying that you should be banned but im gonna change my mind. In my poinion you should get a second chance, but dont make me report you again for language. Any one that accepts this as well thats good
Keep the posts clean and review good!
MM
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
"Maximum Homerdrive"
most american tv's won't do PAL there normaly NTSC only as most yanks are like "we're the best so why use another country's system" the UK has a lot of PAL/NTSC combined sets so your best to check that your TV will support PAL

you might have a prob with power as we use a higher voltage (240V) and the US uses 110v
Tue 29/01/02 at 18:00
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Yay! An american who likes cricket! Unless he's an english person who bought a NTSC tv by accident and is too ashamed to admit his stupidity. HMmmmmmm.....! IT'S SHANEO!
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:41
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
best idea to play imports is a decent modchip, however if u get a uk ps2 it prob will play fine on your tv and that, although powerwise u might have trouble as uk voltage is much higher than your us one
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:35
Regular
American wanting to play our games?!

Always a first for everything...
Tue 29/01/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
and what's wrong with cricket ?
Tue 29/01/02 at 16:19
take the great wookie mans advise :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.