GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can you use a PS2 without a TV?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
I am moving home next week and as a treat have cancelled my Sky package as I now watch all the sports fixtures in the pub. In reality I would like to leave the TV's as well but..........

I need it to play the PS2.

Is there anything on the market which I can use instead?
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:59
You could also buy the XGA Theater from scancom.com - it lets you play any console games through your monitor, and also TV! It also has speaker and headphone adverts.
Fri 10/01/03 at 13:58
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The Joytech screen is 94.99 and is due to be released on 31.1.03. It's basically the same width as the PS2 with the speakers and the actual TFT screen is 7.2 inches.

You can also watch your dvd's using it as well - who needs tele's ?
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
The portable screen for the PS2 looks good and is about inch and half bigger than the Gamecube version for the same price !!
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:27
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Kastro wrote:

> Do SR sell it? I seem to remember seeing it in on magazine a few
> months ago then i never saw it again. Has anyone got it and is it any
> good?

They will be for £95.99 if stock = NR means that it is not yet released. Did a search using the above facility
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:18
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Vitrolic wrote:
> Joytech have just brought out a new colour stn screen for the ps2. its
> about 100 quid thou but it looks good...

Do SR sell it? I seem to remember seeing it in on magazine a few months ago then i never saw it again. Has anyone got it and is it any good?
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:15
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Thanks for the info. Bye Bye TV
Fri 10/01/03 at 08:53
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
If you have a PC at home then you can connect it to the PS2 by way of a VGA box. SR have one from Blaze on sale. It will give a slightly better picture than a standard TV alledgedly. I am considering one for my Study at home as I am getting a new 19" monitor and fancy using it but do not want to have to change cables every five minutes
Thu 09/01/03 at 23:03
Joytech have just brought out a new colour stn screen for the ps2. its about 100 quid thou but it looks good...
Thu 09/01/03 at 22:52
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
A monitor, or one of those portable TFT screens?
Thu 09/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I am moving home next week and as a treat have cancelled my Sky package as I now watch all the sports fixtures in the pub. In reality I would like to leave the TV's as well but..........

I need it to play the PS2.

Is there anything on the market which I can use instead?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.