GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is the ONLY PS2 game you'll need this year..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 10/01/03 at 12:59
Regular
... unless you hate golf, of course.

But even if you hate golf, I've discovered that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 is the best purchase I've EVER made for the PS2. It's right up there with Final Fantasy X, except PGA has even MORE longevity.

If you think golf games are boring, think again and give this one a try, because it really does entertain. True, you can't shoot anyone or blow things up or go racing on golf carts or whack an opponent around the head with a 3 Iron, but this is the best use of the PS2's emotion engine I've yet seen.

It's got tonnes to unlock, immense challenge, variety, but most of all it's got entertainment by the bucketload. I was chuckling all the way through my first 18-hole tournament because of some of the antics of the commentators and opponents. (I suppose it'll wear thin after a while but then I can always turn the commentary and cut scenes off).

And there was me thinking that most EA games were naff...
Thu 23/01/03 at 13:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Agree with you 100% and I don't even like golf. I played a demo on the official Xbox disc and was hooked, I haven't played anything else for ages. I've done all the Tiger challenges, and am about 3 quarters of the way through the tournaments now. Still a few trophy balls left, although I've got two holes in one and they didn't show up! Maybe I forgot to save - that's the problem with having an Xbox, you start to think it does everything for you.
Wed 22/01/03 at 23:51
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
My online player is GrandprixGolf. I've only just started so my stats aren't great.
Tue 21/01/03 at 21:38
Regular
Nice work FM, great putt!! I've only had it two days but will post my stats soon
Tue 21/01/03 at 21:08
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My online players is FMPlaysGolf

You can see how I'm doing by going to http://tw2003.ea.com and clicking on Resumee Rankings, the searching for my profile.
Tue 21/01/03 at 18:25
Regular
I got this game yesterday and it really does rule. The other good thing is that i got it for £19.99 new for GC, from my local games shop. I got a hole in one already :). Hows everyone else doing? I'm on the Hamish Mulligan guy on the Tiger Challenge, havnt tried any scenarios yet.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:55
Regular
"  "
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Nath, is that a hint that you've got like 20 hole-in-ones? Stop
> showing off :D

Just 3.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:54
Regular
"  "
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> I'm not sure, but i think they also have that Xtreme Golf on it as
> well. Like when you hit the ball and then run to hit it again, and the
> first person to get it in wins.

Speed Golf. Pretty crap. You can win 'play money' though. :)

>I had the previous game on demo, and
> it seemed quite good.

Me too.

>The way you used the analogue stick to hit the
> ball and all that.

The 'True Swing'. :)

>Is there like a mini-golf game to unlock, for extra
> appeal?

No but there are 3 different target range courses and loads more to unlock.
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:47
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I'm not sure, but i think they also have that Xtreme Golf on it as well. Like when you hit the ball and then run to hit it again, and the first person to get it in wins. I had the previous game on demo, and it seemed quite good. The way you used the analogue stick to hit the ball and all that. Is there like a mini-golf game to unlock, for extra appeal?
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
How can a golf game be so good?

Youre a guy with hitting a small ball with a stick trying to get it into a hole in the least amount of strokes as possible.

Hmm.

I'll give it a chance...
Sat 18/01/03 at 18:38
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Nath, is that a hint that you've got like 20 hole-in-ones? Stop showing off :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.