GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Crossing Allowed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Noooooooooooooooo!! No Animal Crossing for good old Europe. Oh well. I gues we'll all have to wait till they don't release Animal Crossing 2 years from now. Cheers Ninty!
Sat 11/01/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
Right, so a small site, that is proboply run from someones livng room says animal crossing won't be released here, and you beleive it!

Riggghttttt
Sat 11/01/03 at 11:29
Regular
"Grammatical Watchdo"
And if nintendo really said this, it'd be all over the net by know, i can't find any other sites that say this...
Sun 12/01/03 at 00:14
Regular
Looks like Datels Freeloader is back in business!

Last I heard that Nintendo was blocking them from releasing it.

Well:

A while back, MS lost a leagal battle in Australia - trying to make it illeagal to chip consoles.
The Aussie government said that the regional lock out was against their laws so chipping the console was perfectly fair and that consumers should not be prevented from getting the best import deals under Australia's trade laws.

In that case, Datel would be able to release their Software down under, from where your friendly importer would pick up the neccessary disks to let people buy their imported games.

Another World would be one of these importers, and I could pop to town to pick up Animal Crossing along with the Cheat Explorer (for glitches and secrets ofcourse!) and the Freeloader that came with it.

Now does anyone have any contact with Datel?
Sun 12/01/03 at 00:16
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Edgy.
Sun 12/01/03 at 00:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Nintendo arent blocking them from releasing it. They are having trouble copying the code to the other discs to mass produce it.

Nintendo wont help them with the problem, so its taking ages.
Sun 12/01/03 at 00:37
Regular
Darn

Guess I'll have to play it on my Shiny Shiny Q

*dances*
Sun 12/01/03 at 01:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
A red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night.

*nods*
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:06
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Ahh well, just as long a freeloader comes out in the near future!!

But Is it I didn't see on the site yesterday a release date the last post said it'd be out by christmas but I haven't got mine yet, Have You?
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:13
ninty freek wrote:

>
> Indeed it is a shame for PAL owners that Animal Crossing is not being
> released outside US and Japanese shores. But one must stay hopeful for
> an Animal Crossing 2 release.

The question is, when? Considering it's "well into development" (with no release date scheduled) for the Japanese version, the US (English) version will take a while (maybe a couple of months) longer to translate, while the Europe version, with the multiple languages, will take even longer!!! There's a good chance Nintendo might confirm Animal Crossing 3 at the same time it gets released over here at this rate.
Tue 14/01/03 at 17:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
A lot of large chains are not going to stock Freeloader/ Action replay, Gameplay told me they werent, as i remember there were a few others, we may have to rely on smaller chains of shops or online companys'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.