GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No Crossing Allowed!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Noooooooooooooooo!! No Animal Crossing for good old Europe. Oh well. I gues we'll all have to wait till they don't release Animal Crossing 2 years from now. Cheers Ninty!
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:23
Regular
"Dunemaul NE Hunter"
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....Noooooooooooooooo!! No Animal Crossing for good old Europe. Oh well. I gues we'll all have to wait till they don't release Animal Crossing 2 years from now. Cheers Ninty!
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:25
Regular
And you're getting this from where?

Considering some Ninty guy just said a PAL version was in testing stages...
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:30
Regular
Taken from ningc.com:

Nintendo’s executives recently went on record to state that, Animal Crossing will never cross its way over the seas to Europe. A matter that has been in debate for several months, now it seems the negatives were true. A few details Inside

Nintendo cited issues with localisation, an untested game mechanic, and also the fact that the next game in the series is already well into development. A Nintendo Insider said the following about AC2:

“Animal Crossing 2 (tentative title) will become the new way of communicating for the console generation. It will see a happiness-themed community of friends the likes of which have never been imagined”

Indeed it is a shame for PAL owners that Animal Crossing is not being released outside US and Japanese shores. But one must stay hopeful for an Animal Crossing 2 release.
Animal Crossing is one of Nintendo's most inspiring and inventive ideas. It is a shame that the only way Europeans can get ahold of this delight is to import.
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:06
Regular
"^_^"
But wasn't it given the official stamp for Australia?

That being a PAL continent!
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:12
Regular
I have seen this game running and to be honest I can't see what is so good about it. The graphics looked below par and although it looked very original I won't be missing out on it this year there are too many other GC titles that I want, not to mention Xbox ones :)
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
Not too many?
Fri 10/01/03 at 19:38
Regular
The graphics weren't great, but that's because it was such a huge and in depth game. If you liked Deus Ex, and The Legend Of Zelda, you'll love this. Alternatively, you could opt for Harvest Moon which is the realistic version of the genre - and will be amazing.

This is so annoying, anyway. Don't Nintendo see we speak the same language as the Americans? And that they've almost completed the European versions, so they might as well finish them? I reckon it probably will come out over here, actually.
Fri 10/01/03 at 20:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They release it in Australia because there are no localisation problems, and because Australia has it's own Nintendo department, which decides which games are released when.
Because the releases of games in the UK are controlled by NOE, the game would not be released here unless it could be released all accross Europe. As the translation of the game into so many languages would take more effort than the potential gain, NOE decide not to release the game. It's pretty simple.
And their policy is to release games in all the countries under it's jurisdiction, rather than just a select few, which is foolish but, then, it's NOE after all.
Fri 10/01/03 at 22:02
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ahh well, just as long a freeloader comes out in the near future!!
Sat 11/01/03 at 11:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
it reaaly is a great game. worth geting an import cube for, that and metroid, zelda, Super Monkey Ball2. All these games that come out in the US ages before over here. NOE hates us.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.