GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube still way off"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/01/02 at 13:03
Regular
May 3rd is launch date if you didn't know, being a former Ninty I can only laugh, launching so long after PS2 and Xbox they don't stand a chance, the demo's I have seem are OK but none make you want to go out and buy one right this minute (even if you could).
I think Nintendo are in their own dream world thinking anything with a Ninty badge on will sell by the bucket load.
By May we will have MGS2 and hopefully FF10 (if ever there was an incentive for Sony to get this out ASAP this must be it), as well as many other great games.
Gamecube RIP already ?
The PS2 & Xbox go from strength to strength without even doing anything.
Well Done Nintendo.
Wed 30/01/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I shall be getting a GC. Got a PS2 at Christmas and it's great but I need Rare games so I'll have to get a GC. They'll both fit next to each other under my TV anyway. That's a good reason to buy one surely! :-D
Wed 30/01/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I no someone who's got a PS2, and will soon be getting BOTH the GameCube and X-box!!! He's also got TWO Dreamcasts and a US N64!! I never really thought he was that loaded!!

I don't reckon he really wants ALL of them, unless he colletcs them or something? I think he's just doing it to fit in and get people to like him - lol, loser!
Wed 30/01/02 at 16:24
i dont think the time matters in this case as u could say ps2 was released 2 years after dreamcast and they both have similar specs.
Wed 30/01/02 at 16:14
Regular
I wish I had that sort of money! :-D
Wed 30/01/02 at 16:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Strafex wrote:
I doubt
> that many gamers will get both an Xbox AND a PS2.

I have a PS2 and am getting a X-Box. Also my 2 friends are also getting an X-Box and they own a PS2. I will get a GC in the summer aswell, as £150 for one of those puppies is a bargin.
Wed 30/01/02 at 15:53
Regular
The Gamecube won't die out.

It's so cheap that loads of the PS2 owners are getting one as well as their PS2, even if they generally do prefer Sony's brand.

And now they've played Jak and Daxter, they've now realised that cute cartoony platformers rule!

The Xbox is different though.
Because of it's price, size, and fact that it's games are exactly the style as PS2 ones, I doubt that many gamers will get both an Xbox AND a PS2.
Wed 30/01/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm a Nintendo fan, I loved the N64, and i'm therefore definitley getting a GameCube!

If you feel that you dis-like it or prefer something else, then that's your descision, probably due to your intersts and the type of person you are. I think the Cube will be a great success, and don't doubt it's potential for overtaking the PS2!! Time means nothing in the computer-gaming world!!
Wed 30/01/02 at 09:10
Regular
I think its pritty safe to say X-box wont go the way of the Jaguar or 3DO. Microsoft have too large of a marketing budget for it to fail.

X-box sold just as well as the Gamecube in the US, and it should shift just as many over here. BUt i'm wondering how many will bypass it and wait for the half-the-price Gamecube.
Wed 30/01/02 at 00:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll probably get one on release day with Rogue Squadron 2.
I know thats only 1 game, but I like games such as Metroid and I also like the idea of the Resident Evil games getting re-released :-) I'm gonna trust Nintendo to come up with the goods over time. Not gonna be running in face first for the X-Box though, bit cagey about that one. Dunno why but the words Jaguar and 3DO keep popping into my head when I think of the X-Box right now so I'm gonna sit back and see how that one goes I think.

By the way I didn't buy either of those lemons, but I sure as hell don't wanna start spending £300 on a potential lemon either ;-))
Tue 29/01/02 at 22:56
Regular
Super Monkey ball for £28 on import! Now thats a reason to get a US Gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.