GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOXERS! Try your worst."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 20:17
Regular
Ok, people like HelloHowAreYou and other XBoxers, try to come up with a good argument why the Xtra c**p Box is better than either of the other two next gens. For example, why is it worth spending £150 more than a GameCube for worse games, controllers etc. GO!
Mon 28/01/02 at 16:50
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
why is it always one or the other?
I like al three of the next gen consoles as they all have some good, and unique games. If people dont have the money for all three then fair enough, but just because you dont like it please stop tryign to convince the world its best or worst, as everyone is entitled to the opinions
Mon 28/01/02 at 16:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
You cant win Doc you cant win..............
Mon 28/01/02 at 11:09
Regular
"699 days!"
jimmy duck wrote:
> You're giving in to the Xbox. Pah!

I can't win!!!
Mon 28/01/02 at 11:08
Regular
"I confused?"
You're giving in to the Xbox. Pah!
Mon 28/01/02 at 11:06
Regular
"699 days!"
OK, so I made the original post biased. I was bored, so I wanted to spark a little controversy. Don't get me wrong, there are aspects of the XBox I like, such as having a HDD and DVD. But I do believe the GameCube is more impressive. Please read the posts I made earlier in the thread before accusing me of being a blinded fool, as I amended some of the points a made while talking to Sonicrav.
OK? Sorry :-(
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:54
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
xbox controller is very much like the dreamcast one, except you not being rewarded for the size with a vmu.

If your bothered wait and get a jap controller there smaller and cuter anyway!
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:52
Regular
"not dead"
I'm going to stick up for the Xbox, even though I currently have no intention of getting one.

It has some big developers supporting it, and as such, it will have some big games. As SONIC said, it has mass-market appeal. Personally I don't go for racers in a big way, but Project Gotham Racing is a game that any racing fan would want. Halo is apparently an FPS fans dream. I'm not big on FPS, but it is a very popular genre, and people want this game.

I haven't held the controller, but it doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing. Thing is, you'll get used to it. When I first used an N64 controller it was strange, and when I first stuck a Rumble-Pak in I again had to get used to it, because of the change in weight, in felt different in your hands! Xbox users will adapt to the controller, and this will only be a problem if the games aren't that responsive. But I don't believe that's a problem, is it?

I can't see many people not buying a Gamecube to buy an Xbox though, as they are very different in terms of the games you can get. Any Nintendo fan will want to play the next installments in favourite franchises, and see which innovations next appear in Nintendo games. I think that the success of the Xbox depends on whether they can convince gamers that they need this machine. Microsoft need to convince legions of PS2 owners to 'upgrade' to an Xbox. I know people on these forums have considered it. Some people are lucky enough to be able to afford to have more than one console, but I can't really see many having both an Xbox and a PS2, as they cater for such similar markets.

It will certainly be interesting to see how Sony get people to stand by their consoles, and keep on selling them once the Xbox has hit the shelves.

I don't think Nintendo have much to worry about though, as they seem to have a market of their own, and the lower price will attract some gamers too, especially as some of the PS2 and Xbox's titles will also be on the Gamecube.

Xbox, good games, but not Nintendo games. That's why i won't get one, but many, many people will, as Nintendo games don't appeal to everyone.
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:23
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:01
Regular
"DS..."
Mon 28/01/02 at 09:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Sh@neo wrote:
The original post was damn
> biased for crying out loud. Any sensible fan would either be doing this as a
> joke, or at least give two sides of the story and try their best at being
> impartial.

Yep, cause in his view he doesnt like the games or controller. But thats his views not mine. X-Box has some very good games and the controller looks ok, abit like the DC controller which was a nice controller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.