GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOXERS! Try your worst."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 20:17
Regular
Ok, people like HelloHowAreYou and other XBoxers, try to come up with a good argument why the Xtra c**p Box is better than either of the other two next gens. For example, why is it worth spending £150 more than a GameCube for worse games, controllers etc. GO!
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:17
Regular
"699 days!"
Ok, people like HelloHowAreYou and other XBoxers, try to come up with a good argument why the Xtra c**p Box is better than either of the other two next gens. For example, why is it worth spending £150 more than a GameCube for worse games, controllers etc. GO!
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:21
"slightlyshortertagl"
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
This topic seems to be very unoriginal...
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:24
Regular
"699 days!"
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
This topic seems to be very
> unoriginal...

That may be true, but I'm interested to see what you come up with.
Sun 27/01/02 at 20:24
HelloHowAreYou wrote:
> hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........
This topic seems to be very
> unoriginal...

I agree
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:28
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
i'm not a xbox fan but maybe the extra price is worth it because its Micros*ft.
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:39
Regular
"699 days!"
_l¯l¯lägmä Ðrägòón_ wrote:
> i'm not a xbox fan but maybe the extra price is worth it because its Micros*ft.

Why does it being Microsoft make it worth it?
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
This is the most narrow-minded, biased view I have read for a long time.

The Xbox is a great console- simply because of the games. Not the power, and not the size of the box- it's the games that make the console. If you're too short sited to see that, you're simply depriving yourself of some great games.

Sonic

PS. Before you brand me a MS fanboy, I remind you that I have a PS2, and will be buying a GC shortly.
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:55
Regular
"699 days!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> This is the most narrow-minded, biased view I have read for a long time.

The
> Xbox is a great console- simply because of the games. Not the power, and not the
> size of the box- it's the games that make the console. If you're too short sited
> to see that, you're simply depriving yourself of some great
> games.

Sonic

PS. Before you brand me a MS fanboy, I remind you that I have
> a PS2, and will be buying a GC shortly.

Hey, WOAH,WOAH,WOAH. I made 3 points.

1) GameCube is £150 cheaper. that is virtually fact now.
2) Even the most dedicated MS fanboy could not argue against the fact that the XBox controller was worse.
3) Ok, the *which has better games * is debatable, but in my humble opinion, the GC has more impressive launch titles, and with Mario and Zelda around the corner, you can see what I mean.

I also have a PS2, so I am not biased either.

And anyway, whats wrong with trying to spark a little controversy? Following the success of the favourite underpants thread earlier today, I thought it would be good to get the forum talking about games again.
OK?
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:17
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
DrDragon wrote:

1) GameCube is
> £150 cheaper. that is virtually fact now.

Fair enough. But remember, the Xbox is launching at the price of the PS2 at launch, and has had better console AND games sales in America... so maybe price isn't everything?

2) Even the most dedicated MS
> fanboy could not argue against the fact that the XBox controller was worse.

I disagree. I've used it, and it's great. The problem is that the right analogue gets in the way, and the top 2 buttons on the face of the pad are odd to get at. But I certainly wouldn't say it was bad at all. BTW, how long have you used the pad for? Reviewers agree with my opinion. Oh, and remember, you can buy THIRD party pads.

3)
> Ok, the *which has better games * is debatable, but in my humble opinion, the GC
> has more impressive launch titles, and with Mario and Zelda around the corner,
> you can see what I mean.

None of them has the best games. The GC suites young gamers, family gamers, and hardcore ninty fans. The Xbox is more massmarket (realistic racers and the like). You cannot compare the games because they are so different.

Just looking at the American sales figures, it's clear that the consoles are targetting different markets.

Sonic
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:21
Regular
"699 days!"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> DrDragon wrote:

1) GameCube is
> £150 cheaper. that is virtually
> fact now.

Fair enough. But remember, the Xbox is launching at the price of
> the PS2 at launch, and has had better console AND games sales in America... so
> maybe price isn't everything?

The point I was making was not what sales figures the console will make, but the differnce of £150 to someone like you or me (assuming you are not a multi millionaire).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.