GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colour-the Verdict."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/00 at 16:46
Regular
in the games market the companires decission they make on what to call their console ,the specifications then comes the colour of the machine since the dawn of the gaming indusrty time we have seen two colours of console(mainly),back in the days where the master system was black and the nes was grey and the best machine in my opinion was the nes yes it was grey,so you are thinking nothing of it,then came along the super nes which was grey and the megadrive which again was black,and the result in most people I know thought the super nes was a better machine ,so on we go to the saturn by sega (black)n64 by nintendo(a musky blacky grey)then the beloved psx by sony which was yes you guessed it grey,and we all know what one is the most popular,then we come along to the next generation consoles were the fight still goes on this time for now it will be sony and sega,the playstaion 2 is a great machine but does its black colour spell doom for the emotion engine then there is a Dreamcast which is GREY well you can guess the rest.......
Thu 14/09/00 at 21:00
What, you mean with ice? That sounds like a good idea, a good way to get yer console to explode at inconvienient times...
Thu 14/09/00 at 03:04
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Congrats to Big D for the Foighting Game review of X-men, love it!!

Back to the topic of colouring consoles, instead of having fans and fins inside to cool the processors, which takes up space, why not have a cooling pack, like a tea cosy but in reverse. These could come in all shapes and sizes, for all the different consoles. (Except the X-Box which would probably melt no matter what you did to it.) They could be called Kool Paks, great idea, I'm off to get the patent now.
Wed 13/09/00 at 23:50
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Remember when you could get those sticker sets for mega drives that you put on to basically give the thing a different design?
Those were... well, a bit lame actually. Probably why the don't make them any more.
If you could get a kind of thin shell of some clever material that you could paint (or buy with designs on) and wrap your console up in them, that'd be pretty cool...
No, actually, it'd probably be a fairly neat novelty at first before everyone forgot about it cos it sucked.
But if you could change the covers like a mobile phone... now THAT would be... well, it might be quite a nice touch, but probably not worth the effort.

I'm going to go sleep. I just shouldn't start these things so late. I only wanted to check my e-mail, I don't even know why I came here...
Bye.
Wed 13/09/00 at 21:49
I wont be keeping an eye on Shenmue (unless it's sneaking around behind me, but i've beaten it there already, I GOT A BROOM!)...
Anyway, Ultima Online is a reactive game, because a huge majority of the characters are Human players, and if you kill lots of them they will write your name in places and make sure you die, often...
Anyway there are lots of these reactive worl things going around, we'll have to see though. Still Neverwinter Nights looks good, an RPG in which you can be the Gamesmaster (at last) and have loads of control over making up quests and controlling things during these quests and so on... sounds like it's gonna be better than the best descriptive word could cover.
What is the best descriptive word anyway?
Wed 13/09/00 at 20:39
Everybody will be come christmas
Wed 13/09/00 at 20:24
Regular
I will have to keep an eye on it.
Wed 13/09/00 at 20:21
Shenmue is quite possibly the most ambitious game ever,it creates a fully reactive world in which you have to find your fathes murderer ,when i say the graphics are good ,i mean they are the best i have seen blowing mgs2 away they recreate real life,
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:59
Regular
Shenmue?
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Don't forget, Sega usually always release their new version console before the other two giants, and therefore the other two are always better when they release theirs because they've had time to pull the Saturn/Dreamcast apart and see what's there.

There is no news, to my knowledge, of a replacement for the Dreamcast in the near future, I think Sega are content with this because firstly they still have great games coming out for it and on the shelves, and secondly they are probably working on beating the X-Box as we chat here.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:51
Regular
Ah well. Anyway, do you think Sega has a chance agaisnt Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft with its pathetic specs (compared to others).

I do. Sega are releasing loads of great games, already with quite a decent list. Tell me more about Shenmue though (sp?).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.