GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Colour-the Verdict."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/00 at 16:46
Regular
in the games market the companires decission they make on what to call their console ,the specifications then comes the colour of the machine since the dawn of the gaming indusrty time we have seen two colours of console(mainly),back in the days where the master system was black and the nes was grey and the best machine in my opinion was the nes yes it was grey,so you are thinking nothing of it,then came along the super nes which was grey and the megadrive which again was black,and the result in most people I know thought the super nes was a better machine ,so on we go to the saturn by sega (black)n64 by nintendo(a musky blacky grey)then the beloved psx by sony which was yes you guessed it grey,and we all know what one is the most popular,then we come along to the next generation consoles were the fight still goes on this time for now it will be sony and sega,the playstaion 2 is a great machine but does its black colour spell doom for the emotion engine then there is a Dreamcast which is GREY well you can guess the rest.......
Wed 13/09/00 at 16:46
in the games market the companires decission they make on what to call their console ,the specifications then comes the colour of the machine since the dawn of the gaming indusrty time we have seen two colours of console(mainly),back in the days where the master system was black and the nes was grey and the best machine in my opinion was the nes yes it was grey,so you are thinking nothing of it,then came along the super nes which was grey and the megadrive which again was black,and the result in most people I know thought the super nes was a better machine ,so on we go to the saturn by sega (black)n64 by nintendo(a musky blacky grey)then the beloved psx by sony which was yes you guessed it grey,and we all know what one is the most popular,then we come along to the next generation consoles were the fight still goes on this time for now it will be sony and sega,the playstaion 2 is a great machine but does its black colour spell doom for the emotion engine then there is a Dreamcast which is GREY well you can guess the rest.......
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:26
Regular
N64 came in loads o' colours, as will Gamecube, Advance, and the gameboys do now. Not all grey.
Can anyone remember the first console to have a colour switch?
I can't.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:36
Nintendo only went colour when there products were not doing very well
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Surely the colour of your console is purely an aesthetic thing? Does it Really matter what colour it is? As long as it plays my favorite games, it could look like a shoebox for all I care. Although it must match my carpet....
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:41
I am not saying it matters i am just saying it is a strange coincidence that is all.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:41
Regular
Probably. But you could say that they brought out a new series of Friends when everyone got bored of the last series.
No. Thats not right.
Um... (taps fingers on desk) . . . . ...Ah yes...

No. You got me there.
Damn.
But if I am going to continue an arguement, (which I feel like), they are giving Dreamcasts away with DVD players in America.
Yeah.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:44
They are selling them over here with the dreamcast for 289 pound which is not bad.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:51
Regular
Ah well. Anyway, do you think Sega has a chance agaisnt Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft with its pathetic specs (compared to others).

I do. Sega are releasing loads of great games, already with quite a decent list. Tell me more about Shenmue though (sp?).
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:57
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Don't forget, Sega usually always release their new version console before the other two giants, and therefore the other two are always better when they release theirs because they've had time to pull the Saturn/Dreamcast apart and see what's there.

There is no news, to my knowledge, of a replacement for the Dreamcast in the near future, I think Sega are content with this because firstly they still have great games coming out for it and on the shelves, and secondly they are probably working on beating the X-Box as we chat here.
Wed 13/09/00 at 19:59
Regular
Shenmue?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.