GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I Sell My PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
I know that many users have started similar topics but I really need to know whether or not I should sell my PS2 and invest my money into some other hardware. Most probably an X-Box and Widescreen TV as I haven't been impressed by the up and coming titles for the black box (PS2) as many do not favour my preferred gaming styles.

No matter how much Microsoft try to deny it the X-Box will be favouring towards a P.C - especially by looking at the range of FPS's coming out which are my favourite genre. Looking at PS2 some titles do stand out - Planetside inparticular - but not to such a degree as P.C manufactures should exploit the amazing engine underneath the X-Box's hood.

If id and others choose to move some heavy FPS's off the P.C format then it really would be heaven for me, and many other gamers too. Halo, Unreal Championship and Serious Sam: the 2nd Encounter are all heading to the X-Box, which outways that genre to any other format.

So come on guys, no biassed opinions about differnt consoles just what would be best for ME. Not you, this may sound a bit selfish and rude but I really can't afford to waste my money on a pile of crap. What I'm asking is should I sell my PS2 (and games) so that I can afford to buy a widescreen T.V and X-Box; especially as this would suit my tastes perfectly.

Any help/views/arguments would be appreciated; and this is not worthless spam - I think!
Sun 27/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I know that many users have started similar topics but I really need to know whether or not I should sell my PS2 and invest my money into some other hardware. Most probably an X-Box and Widescreen TV as I haven't been impressed by the up and coming titles for the black box (PS2) as many do not favour my preferred gaming styles.

No matter how much Microsoft try to deny it the X-Box will be favouring towards a P.C - especially by looking at the range of FPS's coming out which are my favourite genre. Looking at PS2 some titles do stand out - Planetside inparticular - but not to such a degree as P.C manufactures should exploit the amazing engine underneath the X-Box's hood.

If id and others choose to move some heavy FPS's off the P.C format then it really would be heaven for me, and many other gamers too. Halo, Unreal Championship and Serious Sam: the 2nd Encounter are all heading to the X-Box, which outways that genre to any other format.

So come on guys, no biassed opinions about differnt consoles just what would be best for ME. Not you, this may sound a bit selfish and rude but I really can't afford to waste my money on a pile of crap. What I'm asking is should I sell my PS2 (and games) so that I can afford to buy a widescreen T.V and X-Box; especially as this would suit my tastes perfectly.

Any help/views/arguments would be appreciated; and this is not worthless spam - I think!
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
Stick with your PS2
The sex box is gonna cost you a fortune,the games retail at £45!
or at least wait until you have played metal gear
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:12
Regular
Why don't you make a list of all the games you think you'll enjoy on each console, and see which one gives you the best offer?
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:25
It probably aint worth sellin your PS2 & games because you'll get so little for them.

I agree you should wait for MGS2
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Mystique wrote:
> Stick with your PS2
The sex box is gonna cost you a fortune,the games retail at
> £45!

sex box ?!?!?!?!?!
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Mystique wrote:
> Stick with your PS2
> £45!

PS2 games also retail at £45 in the shops.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:35
Regular
yes,do you have a problem with that?
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:36
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Stick with your PS2
> £45!

So do many of the latest PS2 games...DMC was £45.

Although yes, PS2 games are cheaper online. But I'm sure X-box games will become cheaper online as time goes by.
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:36
Regular
adrian wrote:
PS2 games also retail at £45 in the shops.

Too true but X-box games are selling at aroun £43 and ps2 games are about £35
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:37
KEEP YER PS2!!! Don't bother gettin an Xbox for a while, until game and console prices drop a bit.

The games mite be good but they arent good enough for 45£

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.