GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I Sell My PS2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 17:48
Regular
I know that many users have started similar topics but I really need to know whether or not I should sell my PS2 and invest my money into some other hardware. Most probably an X-Box and Widescreen TV as I haven't been impressed by the up and coming titles for the black box (PS2) as many do not favour my preferred gaming styles.

No matter how much Microsoft try to deny it the X-Box will be favouring towards a P.C - especially by looking at the range of FPS's coming out which are my favourite genre. Looking at PS2 some titles do stand out - Planetside inparticular - but not to such a degree as P.C manufactures should exploit the amazing engine underneath the X-Box's hood.

If id and others choose to move some heavy FPS's off the P.C format then it really would be heaven for me, and many other gamers too. Halo, Unreal Championship and Serious Sam: the 2nd Encounter are all heading to the X-Box, which outways that genre to any other format.

So come on guys, no biassed opinions about differnt consoles just what would be best for ME. Not you, this may sound a bit selfish and rude but I really can't afford to waste my money on a pile of crap. What I'm asking is should I sell my PS2 (and games) so that I can afford to buy a widescreen T.V and X-Box; especially as this would suit my tastes perfectly.

Any help/views/arguments would be appreciated; and this is not worthless spam - I think!
Wed 18/01/12 at 11:47
Regular
CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING DAY

No experience necessary

Saturday 17th March (St.Patrick’s Day) 9:30am till approx. 12:30

Greenfields, Canterbury

50 Clays per person
£65 Per Person includes gun, cartridges, instructor & tea/coffee on arrival

Numbers are limited so please let me know if you are interested and also leave a £10 deposit behind the bar
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:51
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
if you play on final fantasy games and were a fan of psone then keep your ps2, otherwise consider sellign it after metal gear solid two, and then think xbox and gamecube, which is almost a perfect combo
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:10
Regular
"DS..."
trade it in for a Gamecube, at £150 you can't really lose can you?
slik ~_~
Mon 28/01/02 at 10:04
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Why not keep the PS2, and still get the Widescreen TV and X-Box? Youre not going to get a vast amount for the PS2 (such is life) and if you shop about you'll be able to save that amount on the telly.

Try Radio Rentals and the like, get an ex-rental telly for 1-200 quid less, and have the best of both worlds.
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:04
Regular
Oh and sell the Ps2 once you've completed mgs 2 :P
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:04
Regular
By the time it is out the PC will have a graphics card surpassing that of the X-box..or the sex box as Mystique amaused me by saying :P All it has is something like a GeForce 3 + basically, GeForce 4 wil come along, get used in Halo and once combined with a PC way faster than the X-Box (and having much more processing power) it will exceed it in all areas. So ner! :P
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:02
Regular
"699 days!"
William wrote:
> Halo is much better on xbox than on apc anyway

But does that justify spending £300 on XBOX? Just for improved graphics?
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:00
Halo is much better on xbox than on apc anyway
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah, but my PC isn't good enough to play Halo.. Champ Man yes, I have it, but NO way Halo..
Sun 27/01/02 at 21:42
Regular
"699 days!"
GasMask wrote:
But, I may get an X-Box, but its

1)Too big (I
> seriously could not fit it where my consoles go.)

2)Too Much money

3)6
> Games at launch.

But it does have some quality, Champ Man, Halo.. and thats
> it :o)

The only problem with that is both of those two games are coming out on PC...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.