GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I sell?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 11:09
Regular
Should I sell my N64 for a PS2 because the N64 had given me happiness but I would rather like to play the PS2 than the N64 I don't know If I should get a PS2 or a Camecube?
what should I do because although the PS2 has a bulit in DVD player i like the look of the Gamecube better and If anyone has the Playstation 2 did you want instead of the PS2 want a Gamecube after you bought it a wish you waited for the GameCube to come so you could buy that.

Coley.
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:50
keep your n64 n save up for a ps2 or gc!!!

think of all the money you or your parents have spent go on work it out, I've shelled out over £1300 in the last couple o years or so for my sons n64, it's not worth selling it just for a measly £70 or £80.

it's also worth keepin it for all those cheap!! games, it's bound to happen when the gc comes out, it'll be bargain bucket heaven!!!

andy.
put upon dad
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:32
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
why not put it on a coupel fo auction sites and see what it gets, i bet you can sell n64 games on yahoo for £15 each then the console etc for a bit more to afford a decent ps2 package, if that's what you really want
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:30
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
oh yeah , get a gamecube. end of subject ;-)
Mon 28/01/02 at 18:28
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
all you gotta do , if you wanna get a higher price for your old consoles , is just to pack everything away in a box , put it somewhere dry and dust free (if there is such a place ;-))
then in 20-30 years , go onto ebay , put on the MINT condition , fully boxed , n64 or whatever , with the games either bundled in if not mint , or sold separatley if mint. Then rake in the cash !
Maybe if keep it for 60-70 years , then take it to an auction room , maybe sotherbies , then see how many of those retro stores turn up and pay a fortune for one !

like it said on sabrina the teenage witch (yes , i do watch it ;-) ) if you keep things long enough , they are worth loads , or something along those lines.
Sun 27/01/02 at 22:39
Regular
"poo poo for you!"
GC!
Sun 27/01/02 at 19:37
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
£80? Peh I couldn't even get that for my 15 games, expansion pack, rumble pack, memory card, 3 controllers all boxed in mint condition.

Only real optionis sell to family member, Im trying to flog it to my sis for £50-£70

"Buy it you a**e!"

"No"

"GAH! *Hits*"

"Buy it now"

"No"

"GAH! *Hits*"

Etc. She *Better* buy it. Or I will hit her :o)
Sun 27/01/02 at 18:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Dont sell your N64. Why? Because its a old console, and nobody really wants to buy one. If they do you would have to offer it to them pretty cheap. Keep it and save up the money. I still have my N64 and wont sell it because even though its in perfect condition e.t.c I may only get £80 for it and the 7 games, 2 pads, rumble pak, Hi-res pak and memory card.
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:53
Regular
Keep your N64, buy a PS 2, buy a Game Cube.
Sun 27/01/02 at 16:17
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Talking about selling consoles to family memebers...

A couple of months ago, my sister bought a brand new PSone. She didn't like it, so a couple of weeks later, I bought it off her for a tenner!

She never thought about taking it back to the shops and making up an excuse, so I offered her £10 (thinking she would decline) and she sold it to me! :D

Keep your N64. I used to own one, but I sold it, and I regret it. I also use to own a Saturn, I sold that too and regret it more than the N64.

Never sell your consoles.
Sun 27/01/02 at 15:58
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yeah, Having all 3 consoles would be very nice, but people who dont have the money (Me :o) ) then I have to make my choice wisely.. Seeing as I like the look/games of GC and the price is sooo right, then I think GC is my path.

My mate has a PS2 he lives like 1 min away, and my best mate wants an X-Box.. He said "Because it looks good" Meh, try saying that when you have to build another room just to fit it in..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.