GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Should I sell?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 11:09
Regular
Should I sell my N64 for a PS2 because the N64 had given me happiness but I would rather like to play the PS2 than the N64 I don't know If I should get a PS2 or a Camecube?
what should I do because although the PS2 has a bulit in DVD player i like the look of the Gamecube better and If anyone has the Playstation 2 did you want instead of the PS2 want a Gamecube after you bought it a wish you waited for the GameCube to come so you could buy that.

Coley.
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Should I sell my N64 for a PS2 because the N64 had given me happiness but I would rather like to play the PS2 than the N64 I don't know If I should get a PS2 or a Camecube?
what should I do because although the PS2 has a bulit in DVD player i like the look of the Gamecube better and If anyone has the Playstation 2 did you want instead of the PS2 want a Gamecube after you bought it a wish you waited for the GameCube to come so you could buy that.

Coley.
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Ok? The last part of that post doesn't really make much sense, but I think I kinda understood it?? I think that you should get a GameCube, as you've already proven you have a thing for Nintendo consoles, and you'll find Nothing like a Nintendo/Rare game on the PS2. But the descision really is upto you, and it really does depend on what king of games you like. And I think Nintendo has the best range of games!!
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Well, its up to you.

But if you're selling, try sell to a family member so then you can just pop in their room when they aren't about and play. So you're not exactly losing your N64.

I have this problem, well. Dont buy a PS2, they are good, but I can only see it having a short life because PS3 is already (!) in the making. So expect not much more than a year on the PS2. You will never find quality like Rare, no Sony developer has come even close.

I say, buy a GC, Nintendo Im sure have got it right, some class games are coming out from all developers, because Nintendo switched to disks, So. Mmmm. Developers find it easier to produce games for the GC.

My advice is hold out until GC comes out, I can't wait..
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:05
Regular
"Bah"
get a PS2 and GTA3, dont be a loser and wait for GC - it sucks
MM
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:20
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
i never sell old consoles, coz ill be saying to my grand kids one day: "this is what i did when i was a young freak....."
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:21
Regular
"Back For Good"
GasMask wrote:
I have this problem, well. Dont buy a PS2, they
> are good, but I can only see it having a short life because PS3 is already (!)
> in the making. So expect not much more than a year on the PS2. You will never
> find quality like Rare, no Sony developer has come even close.

If you look at that from another angle the gamecube might have an even shorter life, If Sony release the PS3 in Japan say 2002/2003 and here 2003/2004 the gamecube will get left behind.

still getting one though :-)
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
You're in the wrong forum MrMatrix!! Go on, NAFF OFF to the Sony forum!! I still say keep you're N64 and get a GaemCube! If you look in magazine of newspaper ads selling consoles and games second hand, you'll notice that 95% of them are either N64 or Dreamcasts. And they don't seem to sell that well, so you may find that you're out of luck if you advertise it! I'm still interested in buying certain games though! And i'm buying a pad off a mate for £7.50, cuz he can't sell anything!
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Maybe Resi.

But I doubt it.. GC will go on for at least 2-3 years with is great for only £150. I think people with PS2's and are not bothered and have some cash may buy GC because of the price..

XBox is rip, £300? Get away mate. For £150 you could get a good 5 games and GC.. Mmmmmm
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
GasMask wrote:
Dont buy a PS2, they
> are good, but I can only see it having a short life because PS3 is already (!)
> in the making. So expect not much more than a year on the PS2.

PS2 wont have a short life. PS3 is in the making, but consoles dont take a year to be made. PS3 is in development, but consoles take 3-4 years to make. They also need to have about 1 year with the final specs finalised, to let game companies have developement kits to produce games. I wouldnt expect to see the PS3 until 2004 in Japan, if not later. Nintendo are probably working on there next console, as i've said before development takes ages and to make a good consoles takes years.

Deciding between a GC and PS2 is pretty easy, if you like a lot of the PS2 games that dont appear on the GC get a PS2. If you want the GC games that wont appear on a PS2 get a GC.
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
True.

But, it shows that they are pretty worried about PS2.. letting people get that information like.. But, remember PS2 has been out for about a year isn't it now? So, I predict.. 2005 for PS3 maybe..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.