GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"State of Emergency, sick but sweet!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/01/02 at 03:18
Regular
Ok, I don't know much about this game but the way I see it Rockstar seem to have been easing us into what it has to offer.

First, they gave us brought us Max Payne: linear, but fantastic plot and a good head of violence. Then they gave us GTA3: muchos violence, interesting twisty plot, but not at all linear - complete the missions in a variety of ways, or sack then off and blow stuff up! Grand!

Now they're bringing us State of Emergency which, from what I've heard seems to pour all the emphasis on violence and throws in a bit of plot for fun... however vague it may be!
Now, we thought GTA3 would bring controversy, I mean - a game where it is entirely possible to drag an old lady from her vehicle and kick her in the crotch until she drops her pension and needs a body bag, if one so wishes, was bound to kick up some fuss, in fact, a lot of fuss. However, thats not all that game would do. It would also: take some beating (no pun intended).

Well, just when you thought "eep! kicking old ladies to death! how can a game get more sick than that?". S.O.E seeks to answer that question; imagine a world much like that of Liberty City... only were riots are the order of the day, rather than just bog standard crime.
Ok, now place the same, generic old lady, on the floor in front of you. Hmmm.... she needs a good kicking you'll think. So there you are slamming a foot into the old dears gut. "Hang on, how is this any different to GTA3?" I hear you cry. Well, imagine that the foot doing the slamming, while being controlled by your character, doesn't actually belong to your character. Imagine it belongs to the random bystander you just tore it off and left to bleed to death!

Yup, apparently, this course of action is at your disposal in State of Emergency. Maybe this doesn't crumble your cookies, I don't know, but I think it sounds like fun!
Besides, it'll keep me from doing it in the real world.

Either way, ladies and gentlemen, we have our "most contraversial game of 2002"! And only a couple of weeks away.

Perfect timing, seeing as even we "the working gamer" who would love to be "hardcore" but have too much stuff to get in their way, will be getting round to clearing GTA3 by now and need something to quash those violent urges that could see us back out on the streets sniffing glue and pounding hippies....
But no, Rockstar see to it that we're safe in our houses playing computer games... AGAIN.

Yay Rockstar games! Rockstar for President and such favourable banter!

Mmmm.... limb removal.

I'm going to bed.
Sun 27/01/02 at 03:18
Ok, I don't know much about this game but the way I see it Rockstar seem to have been easing us into what it has to offer.

First, they gave us brought us Max Payne: linear, but fantastic plot and a good head of violence. Then they gave us GTA3: muchos violence, interesting twisty plot, but not at all linear - complete the missions in a variety of ways, or sack then off and blow stuff up! Grand!

Now they're bringing us State of Emergency which, from what I've heard seems to pour all the emphasis on violence and throws in a bit of plot for fun... however vague it may be!
Now, we thought GTA3 would bring controversy, I mean - a game where it is entirely possible to drag an old lady from her vehicle and kick her in the crotch until she drops her pension and needs a body bag, if one so wishes, was bound to kick up some fuss, in fact, a lot of fuss. However, thats not all that game would do. It would also: take some beating (no pun intended).

Well, just when you thought "eep! kicking old ladies to death! how can a game get more sick than that?". S.O.E seeks to answer that question; imagine a world much like that of Liberty City... only were riots are the order of the day, rather than just bog standard crime.
Ok, now place the same, generic old lady, on the floor in front of you. Hmmm.... she needs a good kicking you'll think. So there you are slamming a foot into the old dears gut. "Hang on, how is this any different to GTA3?" I hear you cry. Well, imagine that the foot doing the slamming, while being controlled by your character, doesn't actually belong to your character. Imagine it belongs to the random bystander you just tore it off and left to bleed to death!

Yup, apparently, this course of action is at your disposal in State of Emergency. Maybe this doesn't crumble your cookies, I don't know, but I think it sounds like fun!
Besides, it'll keep me from doing it in the real world.

Either way, ladies and gentlemen, we have our "most contraversial game of 2002"! And only a couple of weeks away.

Perfect timing, seeing as even we "the working gamer" who would love to be "hardcore" but have too much stuff to get in their way, will be getting round to clearing GTA3 by now and need something to quash those violent urges that could see us back out on the streets sniffing glue and pounding hippies....
But no, Rockstar see to it that we're safe in our houses playing computer games... AGAIN.

Yay Rockstar games! Rockstar for President and such favourable banter!

Mmmm.... limb removal.

I'm going to bed.
Sun 27/01/02 at 09:30
Regular
"  "
Goos post...and not forgetting rockstar made smugglers run 1 & 2.
Sun 27/01/02 at 09:32
Regular
State of Emergency is going to be a big hit, I have it on preorder, just looking forward to the mayhem. With lots of missions to complete as well there should be enough gameplay to keep me occupied for ages.
Sun 27/01/02 at 09:34
Regular
"  "
Isn't it true u can go in shops an wreck them and lob people through the windows?
Sun 27/01/02 at 09:35
Regular
From the reviews I have read everything can be destroyed. You can use limbs as weapons.
Sun 27/01/02 at 09:37
Regular
"  "
i wonder if u can kick heads at people
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:48
Shadow wrote:
> From the reviews I have read everything can be destroyed. You can use limbs as
> weapons.

And perhaps if you'd read this post you'd realise I'd covered that.

...Infact, that was kind of the point of my post, but neymind.
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:52
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
And perhaps if you'd read this post
> you'd realise I'd covered that.

...Infact, that was kind of the point of my
> post, but neymind.

Sorry, I was just answering Natbuc's question.
Sun 27/01/02 at 11:57
Regular
"  "
now your making me look stupid...heh....
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:15
Cool. Now we all look stupid!

Except maybe shadow.....

*its all backwards, aaaaggghhhhh*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.