GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ANY GOOD PS2 GAME REVIEWERS?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/01/02 at 21:06
Regular
Hello Everyone.

There is a very promising new website developing as I speak, which focuses on PS2 reviews of course.

The guy who runs the site - Michael Wilson, is a nice bloke, he won't disclose his age though and he can be contacted at [email protected] - only email him if you think you can write reviews of a good standard (don't even thin about copying reviews), and the future could be very bright for you.

I was going to write reviews for him, and indeed I have made many suggestions, and have written one review - of Crazy Taxi, maybe you could check it out, but I don't have the time to write for the site.

Just think - this could be your foot in the doorway to an exciting career in journalism/gaming. Please don't waste his time.

The site doesn't sell anything, and so is not in competition with SR, so I feel it is appropriate to write this here.

Thanks for your time,

Dan
Tue 29/01/02 at 15:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I have signed up for that dooyoo thing, but im still waiting for the confirm email to come through. My email service is terrible, it takes about 12 hours for a message to come through. If someone sends me a message I usualy get it the next day, or not at all.
Tue 29/01/02 at 14:21
Oh my god.

OK everyone, let's sort this out.

The site and earning money (you're a bright spark etc) have NOTHING to do with each other.

The banner at the top of the page about earning money is for dooyou - you can register there and write reviews/earn money.

It's a banner - that's it.

I would agree though that the number of pop-up windows are irritating and people tend to almost always cancel them.

Anyway, hope that's cleared it up now.

I bet Dan wishes he'd never posted this!!!

:)
Tue 29/01/02 at 13:40
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
That is an absolutely amatuer site.
The amount of pop-ups is beyond tolerable and there is no way any site should automatically try and install software on your computer.

I would also like to ask about the contract you sign in order to review for "money".
What is your legal minimum age in order for somebody to get paid, as there is quite substantial legislation regarding labour laws and age levels.
Tue 29/01/02 at 13:32
At www.dooyoo.co.uk you can write reviews and every time someone reads it (registered members) you get 30 Dooyoo miles.

This is equal to 3p so it'll take some time to get a £20 amazon voucher or even longer for the minimum £50 cash.

A decent community with some top reviewers on it.

I understand that there is no restriction for ps2update in regards to where the review has appeared before.

You'll no doubt need to restructure your review(s) in any case.

I've got a few on with quite a few more going on shortly.

Dan's obviously just trying to do his bit and I support him and the site. It's not a big thing at the moment but it's a PS2 specific site which can be no bad thing - even if you just choose to visit.

The SR forums will for most of us be the main source for PS2 info/chats in any case.
Tue 29/01/02 at 13:13
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Can we send them reviews we have written for SR?
Tue 29/01/02 at 09:55
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Can someone explain the "get paid for reviews" thing... I can't be bothered to click the link...

How much do you get paid, how often, and for what quantity of reviews. HAve the even got to be good???

Sonic
Tue 29/01/02 at 09:34
"You love us!"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> He wants 1-3 regular reviewers. Not 1-3 reviews from regulars.

And the
> reviews have to be very good.

Check my Crazy Taxi one on the site to see the
> standard.

Dan

Let me first say that I’m not being nasty with this post, as any effort to get a review site going is worthy of praise – it’s like a modern day fanzine (where I started my career a L-O-N-G time ago). However, if you’re going to ‘big-up’ yourself, then at least have the quality to back it up! The Crazy Taxi piece is NOT an example of a good review by any stretch of the imagination.
The site may need 3 full time reviews, but what it needs even more urgently is a sub-editor!
The enthusiasm and knowledge displayed in the writing is good, but in terms of review structure, style and grammatical accuracy; a good sub would make a huge difference.

Good luck guys....
Mon 28/01/02 at 23:04
"High polygon count"
I have a serious issue with the site - it tries to install software on my PC without first asking me.

I don't know if it's coded on the page, or the result of one of the many popup adverts, but with no requests whatsoever, it tried to install that bloody Gator software on my PC, prompting IE to ask me "Do you wish to install..." etc.

Okay, you could say that the IE request was asking permission, but by that time the download had already taken place.

Obviously I clicked on 'No', and I won't be going back to the site.
Sun 27/01/02 at 13:33
Regular
"  "
its a pretty good site but none of the reviews links work Dan......mine do :) Afro...and tarrant :)
Sun 27/01/02 at 12:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I might have a look into that....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.