GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HALO 2 - 2 FAR?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
Halo 1 is the best xbox game ever. The graphics and gameplay are great, it is multiplayer and there is non-stop action from start to finish. There are lots of levels where you can drive vehicles get upto 2 guns and destroy aliens. The landscape on the game is all you can ask for, there near enough real. Halo is a shooting dream and a definite game needed for the xbox. Halo 1 came out 2002 and sold thousands of copies but the sequel Halo 2 does not land till christmas 2003 and if your any good at Halo 1 you will go through the game no longer than 3-4 weeks.
Halo 2 should and probably will be another great game but bungie have changed it slightly, the good ting, the game will be online but the bad thing is that it will be single player.
Can you wait that long????
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:13
Halo 1 is the best xbox game ever. The graphics and gameplay are great, it is multiplayer and there is non-stop action from start to finish. There are lots of levels where you can drive vehicles get upto 2 guns and destroy aliens. The landscape on the game is all you can ask for, there near enough real. Halo is a shooting dream and a definite game needed for the xbox. Halo 1 came out 2002 and sold thousands of copies but the sequel Halo 2 does not land till christmas 2003 and if your any good at Halo 1 you will go through the game no longer than 3-4 weeks.
Halo 2 should and probably will be another great game but bungie have changed it slightly, the good ting, the game will be online but the bad thing is that it will be single player.
Can you wait that long????
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:18
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
It will only be single player? Nah, can't be. Well, I hope not...
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:38
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, so its going to be online, but only single player ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, kinda defeats the whole point of it being online doesn't it. ;-)

From what I've read, you will have the single player game which also allows co-op play just as before. From here you will have the usual multiplayer options maybe this time with bots and then of course there will be online play for multiple players. Apparently there could well be online Human vs Covenant battles. ;-)

The vehicles should make for some excellent online games. :-)
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Savatt78 wrote:

> From what I've read, you will have the single player game which also
> allows co-op play just as before. From here you will have the usual
> multiplayer options maybe this time with bots and then of course there
> will be online play for multiple players. Apparently there could well
> be online Human vs Covenant battles. ;-)

Now, thats what I wanted to hear!

:)
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Glad to help you back on track of the pant wetting anticipation. ;-)
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:59
Regular
I have completed it on every difficulty on both Single and Co-Operative mode and it took me around 5 months to work my way through it all several times (including twice on Legendary which is AWESOME). It is one of the longest games I have ever played and certainly one of the best however I have played it for over 200 hours overall and if it takes longer to make Halo 2 the success that Halo was then so be it. They can take until 2004 if they want because I want Halo 2 to be something to be remembered and with Perfect Dark 2, Doom 3 and Deus EX 2 released around Christmas as FPS games I think I would rather wait for Halo 2 to simmer to perfection :)

Just think of all the great Xbox games released this year, my list of MUST owns is over 25 long and then I have a lot on the GameCube that I want this year as well. Luckily my GCSE's are in May/June and I am getting a job soon that will see me thorugh the summer and through my A Levels so I should be able to afford the majority of what I want :)
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo is poo poo!

POOR I TELLS YA!

Dull, dully, dull dull and has no inteteristing bits - whatever!

;)
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There had better be co-op mode!

I love that game!

Hate the multiplayer though, 4 players it crap on the massive landscapes...

Considering it isn't going online they could have at least put a few bots on there, that's what has let the game down for me!

Still, I can't wait!
Thu 16/01/03 at 18:36
Regular
Halo 2 - Xbox Live/Single Player/Multiplayer game.....

Cyclone - stand in the corner.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Stand him in the corner ? Come on we're not monsters or anything. Kick him out in the cold so we can watch him freeze like a homeless kitten. :-)

Too harsh ? ;-) Only kidding, come back in Cyclone you smelly sod. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.