GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HALO 2 - 2 FAR?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
Halo 1 is the best xbox game ever. The graphics and gameplay are great, it is multiplayer and there is non-stop action from start to finish. There are lots of levels where you can drive vehicles get upto 2 guns and destroy aliens. The landscape on the game is all you can ask for, there near enough real. Halo is a shooting dream and a definite game needed for the xbox. Halo 1 came out 2002 and sold thousands of copies but the sequel Halo 2 does not land till christmas 2003 and if your any good at Halo 1 you will go through the game no longer than 3-4 weeks.
Halo 2 should and probably will be another great game but bungie have changed it slightly, the good ting, the game will be online but the bad thing is that it will be single player.
Can you wait that long????
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:48
Regular
SS2 is 10x better than Deus Ex

It's a real FPS/RPG, and it has multi-player co-op which just rules.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:32
Regular
It is an all time classic and for the very small price that it will cost you I would say definitley! As a fan of Deus EX though you probably won't enjoy it anymore, however the game is scary and there is a lot to get out of it. After playing next generation FPS games you may be disappointed though, however in terms of gameplay it is amongst the best.
Sat 25/01/03 at 22:24
Regular
Ah cool. Speaking of decent First Person Shooters, I'm thinking of System Shock 2. What's it like? Worth buying?
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:36
Regular
Aliens VS Predator 2

The game Halo 2 is stealing all it's new ideas from, IE, the Covenant nancies being able to run on walls/upside down etc, and swarming through walls and ducts to ambush you in corridors and stuff.

Except Aliens would eat Covenant for breakfast :P
Sat 25/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
AvP2.. what's that?
Sat 25/01/03 at 19:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
AvP2 has atmosphere and actualy any moment of tense excitment.

Halo is totaly devoid of that, from my extensive playtesting.

In my view anyway.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:45
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Cyclone wrote:

> PD, Goldeneye......AvP2 (seriously, it actualy has ATMOSPHERE!)
>
> and of course Metroid.
>
> :D

Out of the games youve said there, i'll say Perfect Dark is a brilliant game. If any first person shooter ive been on comes near to Halo, it's that. Goldeneye is a good game too but personally, I don't think it's at Halo standards. Ive never played Metroid, so i'm not one to judge on that!

:)
Thu 23/01/03 at 12:27
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Well it at least makes those other games look like wee wee. ;-)

After all, the Xbox's liquid effects make wee wee look plastacine... ;-P
Wed 22/01/03 at 22:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No. It actualy makes them look better.

:D
Wed 22/01/03 at 22:37
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well it at least makes those other games look like wee wee. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.