GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC RPG madness 2003"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 19:18
Regular
With the Cube's lack of RPG games us fans were let down, but with the release of over 5 new RPGs this year it is going to be a very exciting month. The games that are to be released are:

Skies of Arcadia (Released on the 3rd of May!),
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles,
Yu-gi-oh! Forcebound Kingdom,
Lost Kingdom 2,
Summoner,
Blood Omen 2 (released on the 24th of Jan),
Pokemon GC,

and many more.

This is going to be a very interseting year filled with mystery and suspence in-game and out.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:18
"The Will of D."
With the Cube's lack of RPG games us fans were let down, but with the release of over 5 new RPGs this year it is going to be a very exciting month. The games that are to be released are:

Skies of Arcadia (Released on the 3rd of May!),
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles,
Yu-gi-oh! Forcebound Kingdom,
Lost Kingdom 2,
Summoner,
Blood Omen 2 (released on the 24th of Jan),
Pokemon GC,

and many more.

This is going to be a very interseting year filled with mystery and suspence in-game and out.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:27
Regular
I am DEFINITLEY picking up Skies of Arcadia without a doubt but I will probably leave the rest unless Final Fantasy Chronicles is any good. I just hope the same thing that happened with SOA on the Dreamcast doesn't happen to the GameCube release. To make sure though I will be getting it for the release because this time I aren't missing out!
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Skies of Arcadia and FF:CC are to certs for me this year.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:31
"The Will of D."
Do either of you know whether Final Fantasy: CC is also a single player game as well as a multiplayer?
Becuase I don't really go to my friends house that often for him and me to play the game intensely.
Wed 15/01/03 at 19:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
As far as I've heard FF:CC will be a single player game as well as multiplayer, but many elements of it will be more based around a multiplayer adventure. I think it's a bit of a risk. Many people see don't see RPGs as multiplayer games (not on consoles anyway...) But I'm assuming you won't need to play with friends to get through the game (it'd be a VERY bold move of you did...)

But quite frankly, how many friends do you have who'd prefer to play through an RPG with you than play a game more commonly associated with multiplay, like FPS, Racer, etc...?

That's one of the reasons I wasn't too bothered about Animal Crossing. As a concept it was a very good one. And in Japan where so many people are extremely into quirky games I'm sure it'd be different, but here, people don't like quirky games as much. Most gamers here think of multiplayer as shooting each other in a FPS. Which is a shame, because some of these ideas interest me, but I simply don't know many people who'd be interested in playing the games too...
Thu 16/01/03 at 13:00
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I'd buy Final Fantasy,Summoner, Skies of Arcadia, Lost Kingdoms 2 and PSO episodes 1&2 if it comes out this year.
I'm really looking forward to sinking my teeth into some proper RPG meat!
Oh, and Blood Omen 2 isn't really an RPG, more of an adventure/combat game.
Thu 16/01/03 at 13:06
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, Skies of Arcadia, FF:CC and PSO interest me greatly. Not sure about Lost Kingdom, though. The original was too easy for my liking - i got through it in just over a week, and I work 9-5 as well!
Thu 16/01/03 at 16:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And yet you all seem to have forgotten about possibly the greatest one of the lot...

***The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!!***
(To be released on the 3rd of May)

I can't believe you lot!

But I do intend to get Skies of Arcadia, aswell as possibly Evolution Worlds.
Thu 16/01/03 at 17:21
"The Will of D."
Solskjær wrote:
> And yet you all seem to have forgotten about possibly the greatest one
> of the lot...
>
> ***The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker!!***
> (To be released on the 3rd of May)
>
> I can't believe you lot!
>
> But I do intend to get Skies of Arcadia, aswell as possibly Evolution
> Worlds.

Technically Zelda is NOT an RPG. It's an Adventure/Combat game.
Fri 17/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
I've never really thought of the Zelda games as RPGs. Yes, they contain RPG elements, but it's more action/adventure and puzzle-solving. Unless this is a big exception, the only stats change is the number of hearts, there's only one charecter, and only up to about 3 major weapons.

I not saying Zelda isn't great, but I wouldn't personally describe it as an RPG, any more than SFA or even SMS are RPGs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.