GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gaming hours per week!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 19:25
Regular
ive already written this but i put it on the retro games chat room (doh!!!) so i play on my ps2 about twice a week for around 2 hours each time and my dad still nags me saying "you still on that?" i dont think this is very long compared to some people i know who play games all weekend and every night after school!! for how long do you play your games for in a normal working day week?
Wed 15/01/03 at 21:26
Regular
these guys are hilarious
Thu 16/01/03 at 08:19
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
My whole life revolves around gaming and has done for many years. If I'm not playing games, I'm researching them on the internet. If I'm not researching them, I'm writing about them. If I'm not writing about them, I'm reading about them somewhere else.

So I'd have to say quite honestly that there's only about 5 waking hours per week when I'm not doing anything related to games (although during those 5 hours I'm probably still thinking about them).

It's a bit like some people let their lives revolve around football, or around money, or around women, or around their friends, or around their families, or around their gardens, or around train spotting, or around mathematics, or around religion, or around astronomy. Some people are lucky enough to find a sort of purpose in life by throwing themselves with a passion into activities revolving around something they love doing.

If at the end of my life the future of gaming has been improved for future generations then I feel that's a valid contribution to mankind. So meantime I try to get developers to improve games by writing to them, get people to change their views on games by discussing with them, educate people on piracy issues by ranting about them, and improve my gaming skills by playing on them.

Best bit of all? Gaming is 'fun'. So is going down the pub with your mates and getting smashed now and again, but gaming doesn't leave a nasty hangover :)
Thu 16/01/03 at 09:18
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
>
> Best bit of all? Gaming is 'fun'. So is going down the pub with your
> mates and getting smashed now and again, but gaming doesn't leave a
> nasty hangover :)

Are you sure? i get awful headaches after playing FPS like Medal of Honor and Timesplitters. ;)
Thu 16/01/03 at 09:24
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
I get in as much gaming as i can, but only seam to manage between 5 & 10 hours a week.

Unless the girlfriend is out on a fri/sat night, and i can have a monster 7 hour sesh. Or she works on a sunday and i can game it all day.

I have so many games still waiting to be completed, and i'm still buying more to play, with others still left to be finished.
Thu 16/01/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Loads of stuff

Ain't it about time you got yourself another job so you could pay for all the gaming ;-)

Me though - I dunno, probably average out at about 5 hours per week - it gets really frustrating some weekends though cos the missus bought me Mario Party for Christmas and the girls have taken over and at weekends they can be playing it for three or four hours straight when I want to have a go at something.

Thing is, when they are playing they dont fight with each other so we tend to leave them to it. So when they finally get bored with that I can spend more of my weekends playing games again..
Thu 16/01/03 at 10:19
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have two kids so probably only get two/three hours gaming a week, if that. Nevermind, they will be grown up in ten years !
Fri 17/01/03 at 10:37
Regular
"No surrender"
I spend about as much time playing as I do bating, which is rather a lot.
Fri 17/01/03 at 10:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
WeeWullieVVanker wrote:
> I spend about as much time playing as I do bating

Rounders??

About 16 - 20 hours which is seriously not enough time
Fri 17/01/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
For the past month i've onlyed played my ps2 for 2 hours.
Fri 17/01/03 at 11:40
Regular
"No surrender"
ineedsleep wrote:
>rounders?

no thats batting, not bating. You know what bating is. When A young man and his little man meet acquaintance. You young man strokes the little man, back and forth, back and forth. Catch my drift?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.