GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMECUBE LAUNCH DATE - SERIOUSLY"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/01/02 at 20:54
Regular
Taken from Computer and Video Games. This is most very probably correct.

--------------------

The speculation has ended. We can now reveal that on Monday, January 28, Nintendo will announce the release date for Gamecube as May 3, 2002 at 249 Euros, which is a staggering £150 - £50 less than PS2 and half the price of Microsoft's Xbox console. Earlier today, we received rock solid information of the details set to be included in the speech by David Gosen, MD of Nintendo Europe, due to be broadcast at 9am, Monday, January 28 on www.nintendogamecube-europe.com. In the seven-and-a-half-minute speech, Gosen reveals full launch details including titles, pricing and availability. Crucially, crushing rumours of limited units, Gosen will confirm there will be one million units available across the continent at launch.

Gosen will state that Nintendo expects more than 20 software titles to be available from launch day, which is the largest ever line-up of software ever for a console launch. By the summer there will be almost 50 titles available for Gamecube.

Titles available on launch day include Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, FIFA, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Batman, Crazy Taxi, Burnout, Sonic 2 and Star Wars: Rogue Leader. Shortly after launch, Europe will see Resident Evil, Super Smash Bros. Melee (May 24), and Pikmin (June 14) Allow us a moment to squeal like little girls. Waaaaaaaaaah!

Importantly, Gosen will emphasise that Gamecube is neither aimed at kids, teens, nor adults - it is a machine that is for anyone who enjoys the entertainment yielded by interactive gaming. It is about attitude, not image, he will assert.

Most notable of all is the price: £150 (249 Euros) means you can buy two Gamecubes for the price of an Xbox, and, crucially, it undercuts PS2 by £50. Nintendo may have given Microsoft a two month lead, but with an irresistible price point, expansive launch line-up and confirmed date of May 3, Microsoft and Sony better watch their backs - Gamecube's about to rock Europe.

We'll bring you a full report from the announcement early on Monday, but in the meantime we suggest you fling open the windows and let the whole world know: Gamecube launches on May 3 for £150!

----------------------

The price is great, the launch titles [twenty!] are superb... but May 3rd? Damn.

Doesn't matter all that much, I suppose. Could be a crucial blow for Nintendo, releasing it quite late... but we'll see.

(Third reply.)

Who by?

(Ant... no, changed my mind. Fifth. Not sure who.)
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:49
Regular
"(-_{}_-)"02 wrote:
> heard the gamecube is coming out on 5th April at about £199.

you must have heard wrong then because this is the real thing
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:44
Regular
Finally, it does work. Just had to press reload about 10 times...
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:40
Regular
Hmmmm....theyve changed it since yesterday. Yesterday it was playing through quicktime, not media player.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:34
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Or†ega wrote:
It is confirmed. You can catch the leaked webcast on a
> few sites.

I trying to get it. It keeps coming up with a different movie, but they said you have to keep reloading.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:34
"INSAAANE!!!!"
heard the gamecube is coming out on 5th April at about £199.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:30
Regular
Turbonutter wrote:
Still, I'm happy you've got a date - although it STILL isn't
> confirmed.

It is confirmed. You can catch the leaked webcast on a few sites.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kid Rock wrote:
> i heard it was the 15th of march

For the X-Box? Well SR have it down for 14th and so has the offical X-Box site. Unless they have changed the date over night I still assume its the 14th.
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:11
Regular
i heard it was the 15th of march
Sat 26/01/02 at 15:05
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Weird Wonder wrote:
> Extremly dissapointing. Ant sadly your word is wrong... XBOX is launched on 15th
> March!

14th of March.
Sat 26/01/02 at 13:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That is dissapointingly far away, at leats the price is a good 'un.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.