GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tony Hawks 4 or Jedi Knight II?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 21:11
Regular
...?
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:04
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I'm waiting...

Have you played it???
If not then stop sounding like a n00b!
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:06
Regular
Auf deutsch™ wrote:
> Get Tony Hakws 4, one of the best Cube games out there
>
> And if you need any more reasons not to get JK2, have a look at the
> poor reviews. Get The PC version if you do want.

One of the best multi format games, not GC alone. Oh wait no its not, its a pile of stupid tony hawk bird poo (or hawk poo to be more precise)
Wed 15/01/03 at 22:56
Regular
I loved Jedi Knight 2, it's a truely massive game, the force powers and Lightsaber battles own. Though it's not perfect, some of the graphics are a bit suspect and there is the occasional bit of slowdown.

Tony Hawk 4 i've only managed to play in a shop on the PS2. I don't think i'll bother with this one until it comes down in price. It's basically Tony Hawks 3 with no time limits from what i played.

Oh are the grahpics as bad as they are on the PS2 version of TH4? They looked very crappy compared to games like Aggressive Inline and even TH3.
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:10
Regular
Take it back Tilt, how dare you. Jedi Knight 2 is meh alright. Tony Hawks PRo Skater 4 is drop dead out of this world incredible. Far better than the third, the third was an extreme sports game, the fourth is a sprawling and very long ingenious RPG with so many different addictive games to play...

far far better... go and buy it now.
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:13
Regular
Take that back!

TH4 is no way an RPG!!

It was good, but...meh
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:13
Regular
And anyway Jango Fett is in it :)

No seriously I haven't had this much fun playing a computer game since No mercy... must collect last stats, must get money to buy levels and characters... must give it one more go...

And this game teaches you how to get those difficult scores by telling you when to Revert, manual and move that into a ramp...

I dreamed of getting 100,000 point combos now i can get 500,000 point combos with ease!
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:14
Regular
Whitestripes wrote:
> Take that back!
>
> TH4 is no way an RPG!!
>
>
> It was good, but...meh

No it is an RPG, you go around interacting with people and completing various tasks such as collecting or opening up larger areas. It is set in a sprawling 3D zones, you have to raise your characters statistics... all RPG elements... just no fighting.
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:21
Regular
No, it's a disgrace.

Take you pick; it's a crap RPG, or it's a decent extreme sports game.

If you're trying to pass it off as an RPG, I can slam it to hell. If you're going to say it's a decent Xsports game that plays with continuous running worlds rather then progressing goals from a menu, then I would say that's fine :)
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:34
Regular
It's a stunning extreme sports game that offers a wide variety of gameplay modes with an improved learning curve over its predecessors. The main change comes in the inclusion of RPG elements, the elements of so many ways to reach a personal target is similar to goals used in AKI's classic WWF No Mercy. It is a highly addictive x-tremem sports game that feels better than its predecessors due perdominantly through improved interaction.
Wed 15/01/03 at 23:36
Regular
And then of course there is Ranger Bob with his evil army of tourists, the risk of birds getting electocuted, the escaped tigers, the hungry hippo's and the dead prisoners of alcatraz... this game rules to high heaven.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.