GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"We DONT want a PS3"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 25/01/02 at 16:34
Regular
Sure the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2, it doesnt mean that Sony neeed to go into panic mode and rush out a PS3. I have only had my PS2 for a few months, its still a baby it is only just leraning to walk. If you have a kid, then your friend gets one that is cuter than yours, you dont throw it away and get a new one (at least I hope you dont).

Now the PS2 is cheaper than its original launch price, more people are lucky enougth to own one. But there are so many people out there who still have their eyes glued to the shop windows staring at the presious black box saying 'it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine. How would you feel if you buy one then a short while later a newer, more powerful and more expensive version is released? I would be very angry, I wouldnt have enough money as I just spent it on a now out of date PS2.

That PS2 is already developing a good looking catouluge of titles GT3, THPS3, GTA3, Jak and Daxter, Max Payne and more. The future is looking even better, I know that we all have our eyes on some games, and our hand on our wallets. Many of us are looking forward to the repeativly held back release of Metal Gear Solid 2. Others are watching the days fall away on their calendars waiting for games like Medal of honour and Stunt man. MGS2 alone will sell a huge supply of machines and so will the upcoming hard drive and modem.

I know some of you are excited about an even more powerful Sony console, but I am not. I have given Sony my money, and yes I have been entertained with some great games. But let the PS2 reach its peek, dont put it down and send it to console heaven with the Dreamcast until develops cant do anything new on it. Imagine is PS2 came out like 3 years earlier, we would have missed out on a lot of classic PSone titles. So dont call it a day until you have squeesed every last drop of gaming goodness out of it.

Who here wants a PS3 soon?

I hope most of you say not me. If you do want it in a hurry then either your Bill gates or yo are an idiot. Stand back, let the PS2 grow, then went it eventualy dies you move on. All a PS3 will do is:

1. Make sony a lot of money
2. Sony will gain lots of new customers
3. Games will move to an even greater level
4. Sony will lose many old customers
5. Sony will be revealed for the face-less money grabbing company that they are

Sure number 3 sounds good, it is, but not until the PS2 has run its course.Sony will lose old customers, because whats to say that soon after PS3 comes out, Sony will do a PS4. This would put a lot of people off, we havent got unlimited money you know.

Dont get me wrong - Im not saying the PS3 is not wanted, im just saying its not time yet. When it is time it will be great, and I will be raving about them, but not yet. Lets see what the PS2 can do first, lets watch it grow and evolve and produce even greater games and accesories.

What are your views and opinions?

Thanks for reading
CDouch
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:34
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Sure the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2, it doesnt mean that Sony neeed to go into panic mode and rush out a PS3. I have only had my PS2 for a few months, its still a baby it is only just leraning to walk. If you have a kid, then your friend gets one that is cuter than yours, you dont throw it away and get a new one (at least I hope you dont).

Now the PS2 is cheaper than its original launch price, more people are lucky enougth to own one. But there are so many people out there who still have their eyes glued to the shop windows staring at the presious black box saying 'it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine. How would you feel if you buy one then a short while later a newer, more powerful and more expensive version is released? I would be very angry, I wouldnt have enough money as I just spent it on a now out of date PS2.

That PS2 is already developing a good looking catouluge of titles GT3, THPS3, GTA3, Jak and Daxter, Max Payne and more. The future is looking even better, I know that we all have our eyes on some games, and our hand on our wallets. Many of us are looking forward to the repeativly held back release of Metal Gear Solid 2. Others are watching the days fall away on their calendars waiting for games like Medal of honour and Stunt man. MGS2 alone will sell a huge supply of machines and so will the upcoming hard drive and modem.

I know some of you are excited about an even more powerful Sony console, but I am not. I have given Sony my money, and yes I have been entertained with some great games. But let the PS2 reach its peek, dont put it down and send it to console heaven with the Dreamcast until develops cant do anything new on it. Imagine is PS2 came out like 3 years earlier, we would have missed out on a lot of classic PSone titles. So dont call it a day until you have squeesed every last drop of gaming goodness out of it.

Who here wants a PS3 soon?

I hope most of you say not me. If you do want it in a hurry then either your Bill gates or yo are an idiot. Stand back, let the PS2 grow, then went it eventualy dies you move on. All a PS3 will do is:

1. Make sony a lot of money
2. Sony will gain lots of new customers
3. Games will move to an even greater level
4. Sony will lose many old customers
5. Sony will be revealed for the face-less money grabbing company that they are

Sure number 3 sounds good, it is, but not until the PS2 has run its course.Sony will lose old customers, because whats to say that soon after PS3 comes out, Sony will do a PS4. This would put a lot of people off, we havent got unlimited money you know.

Dont get me wrong - Im not saying the PS3 is not wanted, im just saying its not time yet. When it is time it will be great, and I will be raving about them, but not yet. Lets see what the PS2 can do first, lets watch it grow and evolve and produce even greater games and accesories.

What are your views and opinions?

Thanks for reading
CDouch
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:37
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
Here go to the Quiz Forum in Movies, TV, Music and Books because I answer the question and I would like to know if I am right or not.
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Ok...
Fri 25/01/02 at 16:43
Regular
"Simpsons Guy"
I know what you mean because people are like
£300 can't afford it.
£200 can't afford it
then when it drops even more and they can afford it a cooler system is out so why buy that old thing when you can get the latest coolest thing but you know it will be a couple more years until you can afford that and then PS4 will come out and destroy your dreams of owning a playstation for real.

Sorry got carried away :)
Fri 25/01/02 at 17:36
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I wouldn't mind a PS3 right now...anyway its nothing to worry about. If Sony do make a PS3, which they will probably do, then it won't be released for about another 5 years by my reckoning so going by that the PS3 probably does not even exist at this current moment.
Fri 25/01/02 at 23:08
"slightlyshortertagl"
The PS3 (if announced for release) will be succesful... its pretty simple.. remember the DreamCast??WHy did that 'die'.....

THE PS2

But how could it have killed the DreamCast if it wasnt released?

Sony had released info of an Emotion Engine and amazingly powerfl graphics meant to be more powerful than the Dc.
It wasnt..
People heard Emotion Engine and thought WOW it must be able to feel emotional and convey emotions and things liek that amaizngly.. it didnt

So why me being anti-sony and PS2 am suddenly ly praising Sony if they release info on the PS3.. its simple isnt it?

If sony can SUCCESFULLY convince people that the PS3 will be amazing then theier words will kill the XBox and the Gc because people will save up money for the AMAZING PS3..........

So its pretty much a win-win situation for Sony that goes something liek this:

Release Info NOW: Kill XBox and GC with words.
Release Info LATER: Keep Sony customers happy by announcing a new console for them..
Fri 25/01/02 at 23:33
Regular
"You Bum!!"
Yes the thing here is that should SOny release the PS3 soon, they wont be able to get as much as they couldfrom the sales of the PS2. PS2 was released when there were hardly any AAA titles coming out for the PSone and Sony felt that the market was ready for the next-generation console. They will wait anout 3-4 years before bringing the PS3 out. By that time they will get a lot of cash from the sales of games and consoles.

But this is not to say Sony are not thinking about the PS3. I am sure they are already well into the planning stagesof the development and are collectinf feedback so they can improve the console. It is obvious they are going to wait a couple of years before actually start making the console, so they are able to use the technology to produce the suffiecent enough chip and other components to make the console as advanced as possible
Sat 26/01/02 at 00:05
Regular
So then, What does Gamecube coming out for £150 do to the equation? Killer or what...
Sat 26/01/02 at 11:28
Regular
And the gamecube does come in different colours :0)
Sat 26/01/02 at 17:37
Regular
So do PS2s. (but they dont look very good thugh :-()

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.