GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FREELOADER"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 15:02
Regular
Suprise, surprise (no, it's not my Cilla Black impression). Freeloader has now been delayed until February 2003. This is the latest post on 09/01/03 from Datel's website.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:36
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
GasMask wrote:
> Personally I cant be bothered with the whole Freeloader thing. Its a
> great idea, but you still have to buy from America and stuff.

---

I can buy from just down the road. CA Games.

I must stop going on about them - it's the smallest shop ever, with over-priced inport games, but still, it's got Metroid Prime, Monkey Ball 2, Animal Crossing, and various others.

And I want.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:32
Regular
Edbear wrote:
> he has completely contradicted himself.....

Where? Where the hell?
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:31
Regular
Edbear wrote:
> and no, im not
> being hostile.
>
> i was simply stating a fact

Oh that's rich. That's really rich.

"oh my god! you really are dumb!"

"you stupid idiot!"

> why is it ok to use a freeloader to play IMPORTED games, but not ok to
> import them in the first place?

I was just saying chipping consoles is bad. People can chip their consoles to play imports, or pirated games (or both). It's therefore, ruining the industry.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:27
Regular
well if he means that then why doesnt he simply say it?

i would never play copied games, unless its PC and thats only cos PC games are a waste of money
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I think Maverick is looking more from the perspective that chipped consoles play illegal copied games. Its the copied games that ruin the industry.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:09
Regular
ok, can someone explain why chipping is a bad idea?
ok, it invalidates warranty but theres nothing wrong with it

i still dont see what maverick is getting at, why is it any different buying a freeloader and then importing games than it is buying a US or JAP console and then buying import games?

it makes no sense!
he has completely contradicted himself.....
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:07
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Personally I cant be bothered with the whole Freeloader thing. Its a great idea, but you still have to buy from America and stuff. Call me stupid but I dont trust America. Or dollars for that matter.

And I dont have a credit card :oD

So PAL releases it is for me!

But its a quality idea, and all those games that we dont get, we can finally play them. Without all these silly chipping and stuff.

Rah.
Thu 16/01/03 at 22:05
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Ooer, look who's Mr Hostile tonight. Not to mention Mr Wrong, and Mr
> Banned 3 Times...

ok, so why am i wrong?

and me being banned has no releavence to this toipic, and no, im not being hostile.

i was simply stating a fact, importing consoles makes no difference,.

why is it ok to use a freeloader to play IMPORTED games, but not ok to import them in the first place?
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
Ooer, look who's Mr Hostile tonight. Not to mention Mr Wrong, and Mr Banned 3 Times...
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:43
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Great - should be out for February then, so we can import properly.
> I'm glad this is coming out, as it'll prevent stupid people from
> chipping their consoles and ruining the industry.

oh my god!
you really are dumb!

this will be ruining the industry as much as importing from the US or Japan will you stupid idiot!

the reason its "ruining" the industry (which it isnt) is cos of importing games!
not getting consoles chipped!
christ!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.