GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Capcom 4 not exclusive after all....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 16/01/03 at 20:03
Regular
I feel like Capcom just sat on my face and took a bit crap in my mouth. It now turns out that the Capcom 4 (killer 7, Project 03, Dead Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe) are not actually exclusive to Cube after all.

Even though they announced they where. 'apparently' there was a mix up in translation and all along they where saying that they weren't gonna be exclusive.

*cough* bollo>< *cough*

So ummm there you have it. I suppose at leas they're being developed with the Cube in mind and we won't be getting dodgy ports....but still.

*shakes fist at Capcom*
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:03
Regular
I feel like Capcom just sat on my face and took a bit crap in my mouth. It now turns out that the Capcom 4 (killer 7, Project 03, Dead Phoenix, Viewtiful Joe) are not actually exclusive to Cube after all.

Even though they announced they where. 'apparently' there was a mix up in translation and all along they where saying that they weren't gonna be exclusive.

*cough* bollo>< *cough*

So ummm there you have it. I suppose at leas they're being developed with the Cube in mind and we won't be getting dodgy ports....but still.

*shakes fist at Capcom*
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:05
Regular
Mmmmmm ah well.

They'll still be excellent games.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Mmmmmm ah well.
>
> They'll still be excellent games.

yes, but they were going to be great reasons to get Cube, now they are just games you can play on another system. me very angry.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:15
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I hope Resident Evil still stays exclusive, I enjoy having exclusives becuase for some reason it winds my sad friend up. Thing is should I tell him that Die Hard is coming to his PS2? Methinks not.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:15
Regular
The games might play better on the gamecube, and just ports on other consoles.

Yes the capcom agreement is kind of annoying now, But the GC has loads of upcoming exclusives that will sell the consoles.

Metroid Prime, Enough said.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Do we know if they're coming out on all systems or just one other apart from Cube...

Anyway, it doesn't hugely suprise me... I'm a little suprised, but that's business isn't it? At least we'll be getting them first... probably.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Will it perhaps be something like a 6 month exclusivity deal?

Therefore, whilst not exclusive, the cube will have the games for longer than the other systems.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:44
Regular
Odd, that was announced as a translation error by the US branch of Capcom, where as Production Studio 4's official, Japanese, websites says:

"For the sound growth of the gaming industry, for Gamecube."

There is more:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/gamecube/english.html

Their whole, offical website, is purely devoted to the Gamecube, it just seems odd that they would say they were exclusive in the first place.
Thu 16/01/03 at 20:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmmmmm.

Until I see a PS2 box with 'Dead Phoneix' written on it, I'm not convinced.

Unless Capcom say so.

:)
Thu 16/01/03 at 21:04
Regular
This is very annoying, but I won't be convinced until I see something rock solid (you know, hard evidence).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.